Update... not work... break things... grrr...

A forum for solving problems that might be encountered during installation, updating, or in game.
The Eternal Soldier

Post by The Eternal Soldier »

Lots of trouble with the update... first, I tried downloading the automatic installer for 1.5. When I tried updating or installing Myth, though, it just said Installation Failed. The manual installation didn't work, either. Sooo I re-installed Myth 2 from scratch then used the automatic updater and opened the program... but when I tried to play multiplayer it just kept trying to connect to bungie.net and there was nothing in the "metaserver" list. So I used the manual installation, too, and went to Multiplayer and selected PlayMyth. But, when I try to play, it still says "could not connect to bungie.net." Help!
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

Can you provide the list of items in your plugins folder so we can help narrow down the problem?
The Eternal Soldier

(((Just a quick copy and paste so it's sorta messy)))

Magma - The Fallen Levels v2
civilwar
Leagues from Nowhere
urban warfare_v1.0
Worlds Collide v1.1
Patch 1.4
Patch 1.5 Unity
WWII_ American Soil
Amsterdam
Assassin!
WWII_Units_©CG_v1_0
Boil and Bubble
Patch 1.3
Pirates1.0
Patch 1.2
Chimera Multiplayer
Magma - Mazzarin's Demise IV
WWII_Recon (SH) v1_0
Chimera Single-player
Patch 1.5
Patch 1.4 Interface
PMI_WWII Theme
PlayMyth v1.2.1
WWII_Titans_©CG_v1_0
Fore! - PDGA
Bungie.net DNS
Patch 1.4 Unity
Phoenix Rising
PMI_Classic
"I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh. I have been called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the world goes dim and cold. I am hero."
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

Remove the "Bungie.net DNS" file from your plugins folder. Also get rid of either PMI_Classic or PMI_WWII Theme, as you can only have one of them present.
...playing as long5hot on War Thunder
The Eternal Soldier

If one of these smilies was the equivalent of "bow profusely while saying 'thank you!'" I'd put about a dozen of them.
"I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh. I have been called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the world goes dim and cold. I am hero."
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

hehe, glad its working then :)
...playing as long5hot on War Thunder