Request or help.

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
Dio

Post by Dio »

If I may..just a simple coop request for m2. Since I know nothing about making maps..blah..blahh.
One of the TFL plugs..."5 champs"? something like that, where every solo level ya played, you had the 5 champions. Anyway...some of us were thinking on M2. That would be a great plug for M2...also, in the plug..make a 5 dark champs. Instead of a archer..you get soul hero..so on and so on. Is this something that would be easy?
Something else was brought up, could all the dark units you go up against be converted to light? Just was wondering how hard this would be and if it would be too huge of a plug?
Thanks
Diomedes
"The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory, but progress".
- Joseph Joubert
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

I think a dark vs light campaign was actually done for Myth 2 a long long time ago, swapping good guys for bad guys. I believe there's also been hero type plugins made for Myth 2's solo campaign as well.

And finally, I have a half-done version of the TFL "5 Legends" plugin ported to Myth 2, which I really need to get on and finish.
...playing as long5hot on War Thunder
Dio

Post by Dio »

Weeeeeeee..Thanks. There are plenty of people who want that. All we need now are some more TFL pluagins ported to M2: Like Stirling, Alric vs. SB and so on and so on. Is it easy to port?
Thanks again
Dio
- Joseph Joubert
Pistol_Pete

Post by Pistol_Pete »

Dio, I recall there being an Alric vs Soulblighter mesh on the TFL Mappack (for Myth II). There's a different version of an Alric vs Soulblighter battle on the Ultimate Team Battles plug, which has yet to come out. I haven't heard any news about Stirling though...

Edited By Pistol_Pete on 1088478331
Dio

Post by Dio »

I guess I will have to look at the mappack mosre closely...I would like to do a Stirling...I just know nothing of porting and M2 vTFL.
Hey Pete, do you know who is making the Ultimate Team Battles?
Thanks
Diomedes
P.S. Now why am I not in a cool group?
- Joseph Joubert
Dio

Post by Dio »

No Alric vs. SB on mappack :(
- Joseph Joubert
GHOST®

Post by GHOST® »

[color=DFC99B]
Dio wrote:I guess I will have to look at the mappack mosre closely...I would like to do a Stirling...I just know nothing of porting and M2 vTFL.
Hey Pete, do you know who is making the Ultimate Team Battles?
Thanks
Diomedes
P.S. Now why am I not in a cool group?
Ultimate Team Battles is the brainchild of CP and he is doing most if not all the work on it. Not quite sure where this stands currently as a few of us have gotten to work on Laws of Evil recently and have forsaken our other projects for the moment.

As for a "cool group", Id like to know who is spreading such VICIOUS rumours about us ?? ;o)

::contacts lawyer to prepare a cease and desist order::[/color]
"Do you want to be healed now? Or would you prefer to bleed to death so I can try my hand at resurrection?"
mauglir

Post by mauglir »

I've always thought it would be fun to play a map that was like Five Champions, but where the champions were Balor, Souldblighter, Shiver, The Deceiver, and The Watcher -- the Fallen Lords themselves vs. Alric and a few thousand of his light troops.

With some work, it could still be a challenge for the players. Soulblighter could mow through melee units, but he has no ranged attack. Shiver has huge offensive powers, but she's physically weak. The Deceiver is slow moving, but his Binding Dream is the only way the player could get a heal for one of his units (by capturing a heron guard). Balor chould have enough mana to launch about 10 of his deadly lightning bolts in a row, but his recharge rate is so slow he'd have to be conservative with them or else be left with no ranged attack for a very long time. Etc.

Anyway, I like this kind of stuff every now and then, even if it is a bit h00rish =)
Mauglir
Dio

Post by Dio »

LOL....I was thinking of a 5 champions..instead of a hero archer..you get a hero souless.
So on and so on. A ghol with unlimited puss or fetch instead of duff. I'm sure any of them would be fun. Kinda sad...all the cool TFL plugs out there, and nobody is playing them (mauriac solo for 1)
Thanks for the info.
Dio
- Joseph Joubert