'Walks On Surface Of Water' flag not working properly

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
GodzFire

'Walks On Surface Of Water' flag not working properly

Post by GodzFire »

I have every single unit in DoD using the 'Walks On Surface Of Water' Monster flag set. However, for whatever reason, there are a few units that seem to be simply ignoring it. I can't figure out why they alone are doing this, but I believe it might have something to do with the combination of using artifacts and multiple monster tags.

I have attached a Patch file which is the exact same version I am working on, just patch it from DoD V5 FULL (located in my Hotline folder). To test this, take one of the units listed below to a section of water that is a darker color. You'll see while the others walk on top, they simply sink right in.

The following monsters exhibit this problem, (note I've included their corresponding monster tags for reference):

DoD Light

- Berzerk Hero
MONS Berserk Hero
MONS Berserk Hero Rage
MONS Berserk Hero w Masmune

- General
MONS General
MONS General Convert
MONS General Defensive

- Mazzarin
MONS Mazzarin
MONS Mazzarin Defense

- Warlock Of Elements
MONS Warlock Air
MONS Warlock Air 2
MONS Warlock Base
MONS Warlock Earth
MONS Warlock Earth 2
MONS Warlock Fire
MONS Warlock Fire 2
MONS Warlock Water
MONS Warlock Water 2

DoD Dark

- Dwarf Ghost (4 in 1)
_Dwarf Demo Ghost
_Dwarf Mortar Ghost
_Dwarf Pathfinder Ghost
_Dwarf Strider Ghost

- The Watcher
_The Watcher
_The Watcher Defense
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Re: 'Walks On Surface Of Water' flag not working properly

Post by Pyro »

You are quite odd. If you want all units to walk on water, why not raise the mesh in those areas and let the units walk on dwarf-depth media? You won't even have to do it using Loathing's tools. You can just export the displacement map and replace the colors in the deep areas with the same color the shallow water uses and import it.

However, it turns out that your odd thinking stumbled onto a bug. For some reason, any unit that has gotten an artifact that switches the monster tag will have this issue. Even if that unit dropped the artifact that caused the issue, it won't undo the problem. So I made a test plug the devs can look at, if they choose to deal with it.