Myth II 1.7.1 Public Beta

Talk about anything here.
Myrd
Site Admin

Myth II 1.7.1 Public Beta

Post by Myrd »

The official public beta of Myth II 1.7.1 is now available:

http://tain.totalcodex.net/items/show/m ... ublic-beta

Everyone is encouraged to install it and help test the next version of Myth II. It is compatible with previous versions, so you don't have to worry about any red games.

The goal is to find any bugs, so that we can fix them before the final version.

A summary of the changes from version 1.7 can be viewed here:
1.7.1-Changes-Brief.txt

Please post all bug reports regarding Myth II 1.7.1 in this thread.
killerking

Re: Myth II 1.7.1 Public Beta

Post by killerking »

Cool stuff! I love the fact people are still making so much work of improving myth!

Well done guys!

p.s. I'm the first downloader :roll:
Melekor
Site Admin

Post by Melekor »

It was reported shortly after release that the Windows Modern build of 1.7.1 was getting lower fps than 1.7 on Windows 7 (and possibly Windows Vista as well). We were able to track down the cause this slowdown and correct it. I just updated the download link, so if you are experiencing this problem please re-download. You can tell if you are using the updated version by the build number on the main menu screen: the updated one is labeled "Build 345b".
morgoth6

Post by morgoth6 »

are all 1.7.1 hosted games ment to have bob as title?
NEVER GIVE UP,NEVER SAY DIE, UNLESS DECAPITATING AN ENEMY...
steelaxe

Post by steelaxe »

Melekor wrote:It was reported shortly after release that the Windows Modern build of 1.7.1 was getting lower fps than 1.7 on Windows 7 (and possibly Windows Vista as well). We were able to track down the cause this slowdown and correct it. I just updated the download link, so if you are experiencing this problem please re-download. You can tell if you are using the updated version by the build number on the main menu screen: the updated one is labeled "Build 345b".
ill vouch for that vitsa getting low fps. i recorded a low 5 fps in a game when before on that same map i would get close to 100 fps
HAPPY MYTHING!
Point

Post by Point »

something is up with blue vs gray scenery and the same items used in CWR...

shadow errors on some B&G scenery reported in game when they come into view though nothing stated in myth log...

didn't notice in games before 345
shadow size not in errors

if one does not learn from the failings of the past they are likely to suffer its return.
morgoth6

Post by morgoth6 »

um...

this only happens in some games when i am playing public beta but at start of game loading, the screen goes black except for, the edge of program (not like edge of myth program but like edge of say: word...) it says Myth 2(not responding) at top left...

it then after about 3 seconds goes to a half loaded bar...

this is odd for 2 reasons...

one, the obvious one...

and two, most of the time myth loads so quick i don't even see any/much of the loading bar...

i checked and it started in 344...
NEVER GIVE UP,NEVER SAY DIE, UNLESS DECAPITATING AN ENEMY...
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

Point wrote:something is up with blue vs gray scenery and the same items used in CWR...

shadow errors on some B&G scenery reported in game when they come into view though nothing stated in myth log...
Looks like we are now reporting invalid shadows as a result of a change in 1.7.1, whereas before we would simply ignore them. You can probably fix this the tags in CWG to not have this error, but we'll definitely change this back to the old behavior (not printing the error message) for 1.7.1 final - since there are existing plugins that have the problem.
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

morgoth6 wrote:are all 1.7.1 hosted games ment to have bob as title?
Seems this is being done by MariusNet for some reason. I guess the server code is not recognizing the new version and thinking it's someone who hacked their Myth client. :(
steelaxe

Post by steelaxe »

Myrd wrote:
morgoth6 wrote:are all 1.7.1 hosted games ment to have bob as title?
Seems this is being done by MariusNet for some reason. I guess the server code is not recognizing the new version and thinking it's someone who hacked their Myth client. :(
i posted up on marius about this to see if ppe can fix it.
HAPPY MYTHING!
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

You sure its related to the version of Myth2, Myrd? I thought it was something to do with Mnet not liking how certain string lists are modified. I recall seeing this with Fetchball which has a modified string list tag for its gametypes. So maybe it isn't a 1.7.1 conflict thing? Also, Deadfall has some of its string lists on the tagset and others on the mappack. Perhaps it can also have something to do with how the tags load from those two plugs?
Falcon

Post by Falcon »

Enabling OpenGL 3D fog will no longer result in a 'white screen of death' with ATI video cards
li3s
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

What are your computer specs? Are you graphics card drivers up to date? Which build of 1.7.1 pb were you using? What map did you see this white screen?
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

Someone posted Myth 2 1.7.1 as a final version on VersionTracker today:
http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/18763
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

odd find. good catch.