Myth lag

A forum for solving problems that might be encountered during installation, updating, or in game.
Sgt Rogers

Post by Sgt Rogers »

A few days ago - out of the blue, all of a sudden - I started lagging. It forever for everything to load up. Now, everytime I log on, I am still experiencing it. All of my pings have increased, and the load times for the lobby, lists, and games has all increased as well. I've had this problem several times over the few years. Usually, if I wait a month or something it goes away. But I was just wondering what is causing this.

I'm on a Dell laptop. 384 RAM I believe, 2.8 ghz, 40 gig hd. It used to happen on my older computer as well but now it's doing it on this one too.

Thanks for your help.
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

Hmm. The problem _could_ be that your machine is having trouble talking to the DNS server - depending on the version of Windows that can really slow things down. I'm just guessing though.

Try wiping your prefs (or moving the prefs folder somewhere else if you want to keep them) and see if that helps. If not then something will have to have changed in your operating system to cause this to happen, hence my speculation re DNS. Have you installed any new software recently?
...playing as long5hot on War Thunder
Sgt Rogers

Post by Sgt Rogers »

I cleaned my prefs folder and based on first assumptions it seems to have fix the problem. Hopefully I will get an opprotunity to test it some more during peek hours to see if it's really fixed. Anyhow, thanks for your help. Also, I still wouldn't doubt your DNS speculation. My router has been very unstable at times. Often it says it can't connect to the computer and says the Ethernet card is not responding. I remember, I believe it was a few months ago, everyday around 6 maybe, my internet would stop working. I called Earthlink and they said they were receiving too many packets so they restarted the modem and everything from their end and fixed it up.

Thanks again though.
Basketball, drink it, sleep it, live it.