To kill a trow - Suggestions needed to kill a trow

Talk about anything here.
jwqh

Post by jwqh »

Hey guys, would you happen to know what is the best way to kill a throw?
I don't want to lose half my army killing one.
:nocomment:
James,
haravikk
Site Admin

Post by haravikk »

Which game, what map?
Being Haravikk gets you girls like these:
Brainbug

Post by Brainbug »

if it is the map "with firends like these" first use your archers for as long as possible

he will start twisting and turning if your lucky because you're not in his attack range yet

anyways once if comes to close: rush all your berzerks at once on him keep firing with arcs... he'll stone soon enough

don't run; he'll just kick your units from behind and kill them that way

if you do run; but make sure your arcs are shooting it constantly
Thos

Post by Thos »

Multiplayer: If you've got a Heron and a bunch of zerks, heal the Trow with your Heron. He'll freeze and you can surround him and hack him up with the zerks. Very satisfying if you can get it to work.
qwerty2

Post by qwerty2 »

if the map is with friends like these you need to line all your archers up on the hill with the deciever. Shoot the deciever a lot, one of the zerks says "I don't think we should be doing this...". Thats the best strategy to keep your units alive on that map.
what the hell is the pword to my old account?
jwqh

Post by jwqh »

Actually, its no particular map as I have passed the stages involving Trow. Currently playing in "The Spider Queen".

But while I was facing the Trow, I was having tremedous frustration. For example, the Trows were virtually unstoppable in "The Siege of Llandcafan".
I lost many of my vetern Heron guards :(
James,
Malek

Post by Malek »

You must say what game as m3 trow are different from m2 likewiseb m2 is different from TFL

Theres ways of killing m3 trow; they mostly involve laying down a pile of satchels and having a suicidal zerk or fast unit lead the trow to the satchels you pop it and the trow will have about 30% or less health afterwards.
Or you can always do 'the lead a Trow to water' which is basically using that same suicidal beserk to attract the trow and run him past your missle units and whittle him down that way you will most likely only lose that zerk if you are a good shepard. I perfer zerks as herons are only faster then iron trow. And you need those heals if your suicidal unit survives

You should always pepper Iron Trow with all your missle units never mellee in groups vs Iron Trow.
Long Ago when Myth was new and sucked I spent the time to learn M3 modmaking, my personal knowledge along with the M3 engine is a dangerous thing.
jwqh

Post by jwqh »

Yes, its the Iron Trows I'm having trouble with. I had figured out the archers trick but I thought I should find less "cheap" ways to beat it..
The healing trick sounds good :]
James,