Official DoD thread! Post comments, suggestions, or bugs!

Talk about anything here.
Gleep

Re: Official DoD thread! Post comments, suggestions, or bugs!

Post by Gleep »

Think I finally got the mort animation thing fixed. Rc29 soon. Saturday probably.
Gleep

Post by Gleep »

Rc 29 is uploaded in my hotline folder. Rc30 now, there was a bug. Generel's Conversion spell was broken.
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

Stuff from DoD rc30:

- The General is still showing a sword with 12 ammunition as his default 0 attack. Not sure what it's there since it doesn't do anything, so maybe can it be removed? Image

- General's Shield of Fire and of Electricity don't do anything, it's just the Shield Bash attack. Honestly, I really don't think he needs them, leave those type of spells to the Warlock, Sorcerer, and Mazz.

- Archers picking up satchels? What's going on here?
If this is a new type of attack, I really don't think we need the peasants to waste precious Power Ups throwing them out as the archers could just ransack any of the countless dwarf dead bodies.

- As stated in-game, for whatever reason, the White Mage's healing attack and Mana Heal have NO effect on the Warlock Of Elements. Only his root heal is effective.

- In DoD Dark, how about instead of roots, the Myrkridia pick use the Summoner Skulls. I think that would be awesome. Also, maybe change the heal animation from taunt to the double claw attack.

- Finally, may I make the suggestion of uploading the DoD ReadMe separately to your uploads folder? That way if anyone wants it, they can grab it quick.
Gleep

Post by Gleep »

General's ammo is for converting giants, ill just add ammo for when he gets the artifact for it.

Adjusted fire and elec shields. They were missing their elemental adjustments to the bash and electric shield isn't even electricity proof. oops

Thought I took the satchel for archers thing out. Guess not. Though some people like it heh.

Have to look into the myrkridia thing, sounds good though.

Yeah, I'll adjust the readme and upload it.

Last night gave me lots of things to adjust and a few new ideas.
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

Looks like sorcerer is gonna need a definite tonedown for rc31.

Gleep, I was trying the different types of Sheilds tonight, and honestly, they really don't offer anything. The problem is you have to have it turned on, and then hope the warrior performs a block for it to even happen, and the damage is very low.

If I may suggest, I say drop the shields completely. Keep Shield Bash, Magic Dagger, and Power Strike. Then have the special drops of Reflection Sheild (40% drop, or medium) and Convert Enemy Gem (10% drop, or very low) come from peasents.
Gleep

Post by Gleep »

sorc is toned down for next version, shields are better next version too. Just wait and give them a chance.
zoso

Post by zoso »

it seems like in rc30, there are less crystals from peasants, notice that he also drops satchels now (or mb he has been for a while). could that be decreasing the possible crystal drops when he shows. see no reason to remove arc satchel arrows, but agree don't need peasant to drop them since there are plenty lying around.

for what its worth.
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

zoso wrote:it seems like in rc30, there are less crystals from peasants, notice that he also drops satchels now (or mb he has been for a while). could that be decreasing the possible crystal drops when he shows. see no reason to remove arc satchel arrows, but agree don't need peasant to drop them since there are plenty lying around.

for what its worth.
A rare Zoso post!
zoso

Post by zoso »

DAMN.
trying to beat leg. made it to an hour and 35 mins before got trapped by blacks, reds, watcher, shades in water. and some ghasts to boot.
watcher and blacks showed up at hour and 27, and reds popped up at hour and 30, and about 10 wraiths.

DAMN U GLEEP!!!!!!!!!!!!
Gleep

Post by Gleep »

Thought I fixed it where big thrall waves don't appear at same time. Guess I'm going to reorder the entire enemy wave list. Daunting task, but o well. I'll probably moves some waves south and a few more north, and it will make the game harder and maybe not be so dull at end.
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

Any idea when rc31 might be coming out?
Gleep

Post by Gleep »

Soon as I rework the waves, so sometime this week. Thursday is my aim.
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

Here's just a few things to remember for the RC if they haven't been corrected:

- Greatly tone down the Sorcerer's shoot delay

- Make TUNI's to check if a certain type of unit is dead, so the Peasant won't continue dropping power-ups for it

- Remove the 11 Ammo for the General when using Inv0, which is not used at all

- Reduce the size of the General's shield power-up. It's currently sometimes stuck in the ground.

- To be honest, I really haven't had the need to use the General's shields besides the Reflection one, so I suggest removing Shield of Fire and Electricity. It just doesn't do any damage, and requires the General to block in order to be used.

- Check on Mazz spawning with a power up. Sometimes he has 1, sometimes 2, sometimes he has 0

- Have the Frost Giant drop multiple power-ups so it's worth going all the way over there to kill him
Gleep

Post by Gleep »

Rc31 is out now!

Sorceror is toned down, but I will slighty decrease his max recovery time a bit more and maybe some dwarves as well.

General ammo is for conversion but i can easily give it to him when he gets the artifact to convert.

Haven't seen the shields get stuck lately, so maybe I fixed that, but I'll keep an eye on it. The Shields add damage and stun duration to his shield bash as well as giving him immunities to certain damage types. Also I agree about you comment ingame last night about reducing the % of shields dropping.

Peasant throwing sats doesn't seem to help anyone so, I'll take it out.

Frost Giant Lord is set up to drop like 3 powerful artifacts 50% of the time he is killed. Mainly swords for Liberator, Zerk, and HGH.
zoso

Post by zoso »

it doesn't seem like the taunting back of units is working anymore?