Attack priorities

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
Fury IX

Attack priorities

Post by Fury IX »

I'm having trouble setting up a warlock for my heroquest plug... I want him to be melee, but have 9+ different inventory special ability spells, as well as a T click heal nova he can cast on himself anytime, regardless of inventory setting. Is this possible?

So he would look like this:

Primary attack = melee
Special Ability 1 = Heal Nova (range 0)
Special Ability 2 = Fireball (swap with inventory 9+ spells) lighting,gas,confuse, etc (range 5-20)

Im having the most trouble with the artifacts. When I have the artifact selected it overides ALL the other special ability attacks, regardless of range. I have overrides owner attack checked (or it doesnt work at all), and NOT hides owners other attacks (seems to have no effect).

The warlock works great without an inventory, with range fireball T click and the heal nova. One odd thing though, if the warlocks spell are not arranged in specific order, he wont use both spells. Im guessing the artifact changes the order again and messes it up. Is there another way to do what I want?
Deqlyn

Post by Deqlyn »

I had a similar problem with multiple artifacts. Make the shorter range one first on the list. For example this was my problem. I wanted:

T click 0-2 range heal
T Click 2.5 - 10 grenade

THey have to be in that order in the attack sequence to work.

When i had the grenade before the heal it would never heal. Short Range to long range in attack order. That should help some possibly. Always make ur heal nova first attack at 0-1 range or something.
Fury IX

Post by Fury IX »

Yea, its the artifact that screws up the order, and perhaps it cant solve two attack at the same time with an artifact (but it can do 1 Click on ground and 1 click on target spell). But you can do it without artifacts, so I guess my only option is to try and create 9+ dif warlocks and mons switch :(

srry for the confusion...

doesnt sound the the best idea to have heal and grenade ranges so close :p
haravikk
Site Admin

Post by haravikk »

I think monster switching is probably the most correct-solution; as the "replaces owner attack" think in artifacts has never been clearly defined, as it was made with the assumption that the unit would only ever have a single attack being replaced anyway.

Not intentionally trying to be a dick, but one important question to ask is; what do these nine different attacks add to the game-play? Personally I've always preferred units that have two, clearly defined attack-types, with maybe a back-up attack for archers. I suppose if you're gearing towards a map where you only have a single unit, then it makes more sense, but if this unit is going to be in addition to a bunch of others then I'd think about what it really adds, game-play, or confusion?
Being Haravikk gets you girls like these:
Zeph

Post by Zeph »

inventory switching is a cool feature but not many players like to switch in the middle of a fight
Gleep

Post by Gleep »

I do! I like versatile solutions. ;)
Fury IX

Post by Fury IX »

Its for my Heroquest map, theres only 4 units, and im trying to have it use the least amount of inv switching. I think myth coop would be much better if you had more interaction with the environment.