Official 1.7 Public Beta Bug Reporting Thread

Talk about anything here.
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

Did you try to Alt Tab and see if that helped? What build of 1.7 were you using? Did your "myth_log.txt" say anything about the issue? It is located in your Myth II folder, however it resets each time you load Myth again. Perhaps try it again and see what the log records. What setup (OS and specs) do you have?
Propagandhi

Post by Propagandhi »

Not sure if this has been mentioned, bug has to do with the message length increase (in game).

After hitting y I can now type a message for the whole length of my screen, but the message gets cut off when broadcast. Resolution is 1920x1200. I could supply sample strings if that would be helpful.
Melekor
Site Admin

Post by Melekor »

Thanks, I've noted the bug. Sample strings won't be necessary.
oogaBooga

Post by oogaBooga »

Pyro wrote:
oogaBooga wrote:Glad i didnt read any of the crap on the pages before this.
THe issue i'm having, is that I can save netgames, but when I do so, it only appears as a 1kb file...
If you had read some of what was said in this thread like the last post in the first page. You would know that the beta was fixed and reuploaded that day. So anyone who had downloaded it the first day it was out (the 3rd of May, same day as this thread was made) should redownload the 1.7 beta to be safe.
I'm very thankful I have you to tell me. I will go re-download it.
killerking

Post by killerking »

Bonky wrote:
Pyro wrote:Probably a dumb question to ask you but... Did you try hitting the OK button in that missing plugins window?
after clicking the lil arrow and downloading the plugin,i was unable to do anything,couldn't hit the ok button,it didn't do anything,or wouldnt work ,complete freeze up
Hit the arrow again and you'll be fine.
Bonky

Post by Bonky »

Pyro wrote:Did you try to Alt Tab and see if that helped? What build of 1.7 were you using? Did your "myth_log.txt" say anything about the issue? It is located in your Myth II folder, however it resets each time you load Myth again. Perhaps try it again and see what the log records. What setup (OS and specs) do you have?
i could alt tab and see finder and myth as open applications ,however clicking on the "ok" button in the Missing plugin window did nothing.I think im using the earlier build ,i will download Myth again and see if it happens again.
im on 10.5.6 on a 2 x 2.8GHZ Quad-Core Intel Xeon
Bonky

Post by Bonky »

I downloaded myth again,and when the missing plugin window came up ,i was able to hit "OK",didn't seem to download the plugin though,but i will check again.
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

To download you have to hit the arrow key on the side. The OK key only closes the window.
Bonky

Post by Bonky »

Pyro wrote:To download you have to hit the arrow key on the side. The OK key only closes the window.
Yes i understand that,i hit the arrow but it didn't seem to download .On the earlier build it downloaded but i was unable to hit the "ok" button.I will try again and see if it works.
Zappo93

Post by Zappo93 »

ok i have a bug where when i am moving the camera a kind of pulse thing goes up the screen. it like a distortion going up the screen.

i don't really know what to call it. it is annoying though.
I'm on Mac OS 10.5.6 Intel and I'm using the Mac Universal version.
if you need anymore info i will do my best to give it.
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

Zappo: I had the same issue myself and did a whole bunch of debugging with Melekor.

Im guessing you render with OpenGL. You can fix the issue you're seeing using this new prefrences file called "PowerUser.txt", placed in your prefrences folder.

Melekor actually uploaded a text file for me, the same one should work for you.

http://www.projectmagma.net/~melekor/tmp/poweruser.txt

Download that and put it into your prefrences folder. Open it, and set vsync to TRUE instead of default. I'd also recommend making 32bit textures True, enhances the ogl rendering dramatically. Smoother rendering on meshes taht dont have detail textures.

See if that fixes your problem.
sasper

Post by sasper »

1.7 is woefully unplayable for me. i am using a powerbook 1.5 ghz motorola not intel, and have tried both universal and PPC, and both suffer the same problems.
if i use opengl rendering, i see only about 2 fps. if i switch to software rendering, i cannot interface with with myth whatsoever, the screen constantly flickers between finder and myth, and i have to turn my computer off and on again to quit myth.
i've also tried playing with the other parameters, texture cache, windowing, max fps etc, nothing makes a difference. you guys still have some pretty catastrophic bugs in 1.7.
never had any problems with 1.7.
Melekor
Site Admin

Post by Melekor »

I'm sorry to hear that 1.7 isn't working for you. What is your OS Version and video card? Did you mean that you had no problems with 1.6?

I'm the windows guy so I can't offer you any immediate help, but I'm sure our Mac programmer would like to work with you to resolve this when he gets back from vacation.
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

sasper wrote:1.7 is woefully unplayable for me. i am using a powerbook 1.5 ghz motorola not intel, and have tried both universal and PPC, and both suffer the same problems.
if i use opengl rendering, i see only about 2 fps. if i switch to software rendering, i cannot interface with with myth whatsoever, the screen constantly flickers between finder and myth, and i have to turn my computer off and on again to quit myth.
i've also tried playing with the other parameters, texture cache, windowing, max fps etc, nothing makes a difference. you guys still have some pretty catastrophic bugs in 1.7.
never had any problems with 1.7.
Please post all your system specs; processor, memory, video card, system, OS, etc.
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

sasper wrote:you guys still have some pretty catastrophic bugs in 1.7
Doubtful, the mac builds you are using might be on a different default state, perhaps what Gray mentioned in the post before yours may help. I haven't had problems with 1.7 so far. Then again I'm on windows.