Official 1.7 Public Beta Bug Reporting Thread

Talk about anything here.
Melekor
Site Admin

Official 1.7 Public Beta Bug Reporting Thread

Post by Melekor »

Welcome testers!

This is the official thread for reporting any bugs you find in the Myth II 1.7 Public Beta.

Please make an effort to be as clear as possible in your reports. Each report should include the following information.
  1. A detailed description of the bug.
  2. Steps to take to demonstrate the bug, if possible. Otherwise, what were you doing when the bug happened?
  3. Your OS and System specs, and which binary you are running (Classic, Modern, PPC, UB)
  4. (Optionally, for game play related bugs) A film demonstrating the bug, and tell us what time it happens at.
Thank you, and happy testing!

EDIT: films can be emailed to melekor@projectmagma.net
Last edited by Melekor on Sun May 17, 2009 4:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Coneee

Post by Coneee »

The plugin detector doesn't seem to send me to anything if I click the little arrow after clicking on red games.

It shows the correct plugin, but when I click the arrow, it pauses for 1-2 seconds and does nothing.

2.4 GHz MacBook Pro
GeForce 8600M

Running the UB version (naturally)

Great work though guys! Smooth scrolling is excellent.
Eddaweaver

Post by Eddaweaver »

I might but wrong but the default button to enlarge the overhead map seems to also be the default form alliances button?

Someone was complaining about veteruns being lost. I don't know what that was about.

An observation about the overhead map enlargement: the reason I suggested the feature was because it was too hard to see the map on high resolutions. What I had imagined was a simple one pixel to four, 4x enlargement with a single toggle key. The system in M2 now seems to leave the units dots the same size when the map is enlarged which although having value, can make it difficult to see or at least make sense of with on high resolution setups. Perhaps the behaviour I originally suggested could be optionally enabled in poweruser.txt? This method would work with software rendering mode.
Last edited by Eddaweaver on Sun May 03, 2009 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

If the plugin isn't found on The Tain, then it will result in it not doing anything. Though I agree, we should add some kind of extra indication that it wasn't found.
Coneee

Post by Coneee »

Another point re: the map. When you zoom in past a certain level, map items like flags seem to shift in position relative to the map image.
Giant Killer General

Post by Giant Killer General »

I have a possible issue. When I run Myth v1.6 it recognizes my video card as it should. In the preferences, under rendering, it says "Direct3D (NVIDIA GeForce 7950...

However, when I run Myth 1.7 it does not seem to recognize my video card, and it only says "Direct3D"

I am not a technical expert, so maybe that is still normal and it does recognize my video card. I have had problems with myth recognizing my video card in the past though so I wanted to throw it out there.

I will try testing the FPS under both.
Giant Killer General

Post by Giant Killer General »

ok so under Myth 1.6 I am getting over 300 frames per second. With Myth 1.7 I am getting 60 frames per second. Both were done under 1440 x 900 resolution. Granted, it does look a lot better under 1.7, but that is a pretty big difference. Also, this may not be a problem with 1.7 exactly, because I have had problems getting myth to recognize my video card for the past several years. But any solution to fix this would still be appreciated!
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

Please post your system specs (OS versions and hardware specs) and whether you're using OpenGL or Direct3D. Please check that you don't have MaxFPS enabled in preferences and also your Control Panel for your video card to make sure you don't have VSync enabled, which would limit your frame rates.

Also, if you're using Direct3D instead of OpenGL, try using OpenGL.

This information will help us diagnose your problem so that we can figure out how to restore your FPS.
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

There's been several reports floating around currently about when capslock is on, player units having a Blue outline like team mates do, instead of their own yellow outline.

I believe it's quite possible the source of these reports are coming from games with multiplayer where the players reporting the bug have been in a close melee in conjunction with some team mate units. If you take your unit on its own someplace... say use Dead of Winter so you can see the outline well... colour on white works nicely.

It's quite provable that outline boxes are working the way they were intended to work with 1.7. Your own units do not have any selection box when capslock is on and none of them are selected. They get their normal selection box when clicked. I think people aren't used to the idea of monsters not having any selection box, so their brains are filling in the blanks and just assuming the outline is the darker harder to see blue now.

Its not there at all folks! :)
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

If the new way is too confusing, we can always change it back, or try a different way to do it.
Frumius

Post by Frumius »

I would get confused the old way (1.6) when I had capslock on and my units were too close to team mates' units: There wasn't quite enough differentiation between my units and my team mates', so my gameplay would suffer by some-odd microseconds of reaction time (confusion time*).

I have yet to check out the new scheme for 1.7.

*I may need more memory or a bigger brain upgrade in my skull case.
joecinq03

Post by joecinq03 »

<reeker> could swear i saved replays yet they didint save!
<Tub Chillbus> yea it is saving them incorrectly
<Tub Chillbus> if you look in your folder they will be there
<Tub Chillbus> but they're all exact same file size
<Tub Chillbus> and they dont show up in the list for either 1.6 or 1.7
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

Myrd, any chance you could change the button for turning on/off the FPS display? I find myself hitting it more and more often.

Maybe a function key?
Grayswandir
Location: Running rampant in the bowels of human stupidity...

Post by Grayswandir »

In both the PPC and UB builds for OS X:
Unless you check "Detail Textures", "3D Fog" unchecks itself and "Max FPS" setting gets rechecked and goes back to 90fps when you quit and reopen the application. The resolution settings and everything else are unaffected.

OS X 10.4.11
1 Ghz G4 Motorola (PPC)
ATI Radeon 9000 Pro Mobility 64MB
1 Gig of RAM
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention in human history, with the possible exception of handguns and tequila."
--Mitchell Radcliffe
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

The last recording bug is a big issue. I've re-uploaded the Mac builds which should no longer experience the bug. Melekor will update the Windows builds later today.

If you've downloaded the older versions, please re-download to have your films work save correctly. Thanks, and sorry for the inconvenience.