Myth^2 : 4

Talk about anything here.
carlinho

Post by carlinho »

hey, talking for real bout that...it would be a nice thing to have....more zoom....
http://carlinho7.tripod.com
Home of ANCIENT and CLASSICAL GREECE plugin on the works.
Renwood TWA

Post by Renwood TWA »

Further viewable distance has been added.

your welcome.
Peach Out
oogaBooga

Post by oogaBooga »

Yeah for the record it was Renwood who got the feature added. You can ask myrd about it. The max view distance(max cell draw distance) is larger and has almost no framerate cost. (1 or 2 fps)

As for making fun of our project, it's kinda funny how most of the people making fun are people I otherwise respected or would have liked to work with at some point.

Reminds me on how I met astro the space duck, and told him what a fan I was of SitH tagset, and in return he did nothing but insult me.
Grayswandir
Location: Running rampant in the bowels of human stupidity...

Post by Grayswandir »

Zeph wrote:I just modified the myth4 source code and added higher zoom feature!
Didn't quote the image because it was so large....but what's with the Pistol BoB flavor text? :P
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention in human history, with the possible exception of handguns and tequila."
--Mitchell Radcliffe
Site Admin

Post by Death's Avatar »

This is so irritating.
carlinho

Post by carlinho »

aye!
bring the beers!
and the girls!

what's the point in having a forum to get us all together if we use it to piss each other off?

cool down you kidz
grab your women and cool it offffffffff

:wink:
http://carlinho7.tripod.com
Home of ANCIENT and CLASSICAL GREECE plugin on the works.
Zeph

Post by Zeph »

hehe this thread is funny :)

oh umm weird flavor text indeed
William Wallet

Re: Myth^2 : 4

Post by William Wallet »

vinylrake wrote: just identifying potential targets or reasons people might feel inclined to make fun of your project.

1) The name of the project.

2) The very, very long development time vs. what has been released for anyone to see.

3) The incredibly grandiose claims as to how large, completely different than any other Myth map/campaign/conversion, and how awe-inspiring the resulting project will be.
Yeah, something like that.

See, I've been out of this stuff for a while now but when I was still lurking here regularly, I remember looking at the Myth IV site (is it still being called that??) and seeing (amongst other things) a huuuge list of units, which right off the bat made me wonder if this plugin is really going to live up to the sales pitch. Call me bonkers but I can't understand plugins where there's a Dwarf this, a Dwarf that, a Dwarf those guys and a Dwarf that does this. 4 kinds of dwarf right there, and I'm pretty sure it doesn't stop with them.

This is a vague memory on my part and hopefully you guys have ironed things out since then, but at the time I certainly chuckled.
Okay I got the models but now I'm too dumb to do anything with 'em
Renwood TWA

Post by Renwood TWA »

William, and you didnt even try to play any of it did you?

BTW all those units listed are in the story and are planned if there is funding, i really am not trying to make 60 something units on our own.

I just love the idea of people questioning things and speculating when they could do try it out and at least have a better understanding.

Kinda like people Bitching about magma "bugs" during MWC 07
But those same people NEVER even bothered to go post at the MAGMA website. Then complained magma didnt respond to them.

Der its called effort and its really not that hard.
Peach Out
Site Admin

Post by Death's Avatar »

Renwood TWA wrote:William, and you didnt even try to play any of it did you?
I mean...he made it pretty clear he didn't, nor did he make any claims that he had, or any jabs at the actual thing.

He was merely responding to ooga's question of WHY everyone seems to harass you guys. He is simply pointing out that it SEEMS absurd. As Will qualifies that this is a vague memory, I don't think he was really saying more than that...
Zeph

Post by Zeph »

how do we actually get to try those maps ?
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Zeph wrote:how do we actually get to try those maps ?
Last I checked (a few months ago) that was the catch-22. We are told to try it before we comment about it, but the only thing I saw for dl was a tagset from a couple of years ago (or mb I just had an old version) that just replaced the abilities/spells/attacks of a couple of units - at least that's all I noticed that it did.
Zeph

Post by Zeph »

so myth iv is a tagset? or it has no maps done for it yet?
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

I was trying to give Ooga maybe a small hint at why the ordinary Myther might be a little incredulous. I'm not going to cast aspersions on whatever work you guys have done so far. Been there, done that, mapmaking is a mugs game and good luck with it.

However, the ordinary guy, strolling past your site, seeing some of your posts... I think they could be forgiven for thinking it all looks a little cuckoo.

I know, I know... you guys "don't care what anyone thinks" and that's fine. But Ooga did ask, and that was my answer.
Okay I got the models but now I'm too dumb to do anything with 'em
:) Da Cid (: McCl

Post by :) Da Cid (: McCl »

Der its called effort and its really not that hard.
Wow, it's like Renwood has had sand in his vagina for a whole 11 years, AND IT JUST WON'T COME OUT.
Having fun with poser horses and pasted-on Warrior torsos since 1990!™