1.5 terries scoring bug

Talk about anything here.
hit

Post by hit »

ok, I discovered something odd tonight with the latest patch.

Tie breaker scoring has been changed on terries.

Under 1.3 it worked like this on 6 flag des:
Team A is up 4-2
Team B goes 3-3 (Team A leads)
Team B goes 4-2
Team A goes 3-3 Game ends (Team B wins)

Terries tie breakers were given to the team who had the most flags last.

Whatever you changed in 1.5, the scoring is reversed so under 1.5:
team A up 4-2
team B up 4-2
Team A tags a flag: 3-3
and Team A wins because they tagged the 3rd flag last. Basically this gives the win to the team that was losing until the tie.

Killer, Blade & I ran a couple tests after we noticed this in normal game. I have the films of it but this should be easy enough to duplicate.

My only guess is the bug came from your changes in BC & Hunting tie scores.
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

yes. It affects Captures and Terries only and will have the affect you described :\

Its been in all the betas, and of course its just our luck that its noticed the day we've gone final. We can't pull the final back in and fix it, nor would it be productive to rush a 1.5.1 out. We're sorry its happened that way, but such is life & we can't turn back the clock.

So the only option is to bear with it for a month or three until 1.5.1 happens (during which time other bugs may surface and be fixed for 1.5.1 as well). The MWC scorers can decide whether the current 1.5 scoring is to be used or the old method. If the old method, all they need do is reverse the result of tied terries games.
...playing as long5hot on War Thunder
Brainbug

Post by Brainbug »

**just wondering**

the scoring is host related right? so can't you make a fix (1,5,1) that wont make ppl go oos? but just gives right scoring?

if the host has a corrected version, scores will be right, if he doesn't scores will be off, no matter what version the rest of the players are on.
Acheron

Post by Acheron »

why is it impossible to make and small update or something? and put out a new main installer? people would get it quick and it would be better then having the most played gametype like this for a year.. lol
Acheron LoA&BME
CIK

Post by CIK »

While the bug really sux esp with MWC happening but we can't ask everyone to download a 1.5.1 the day after 1.5.0 was released. If the bug was more recently introduced I would feel much different, but it's been around since day 1 of 1.5's public life. 24 hours ago we would have aborted and fixed the bug.

If we stop to fix every bug that people bring up like this we will be up to 1.5.99 by year end.

While it's true the bug wouldn't cuase OOS having people playing both versions it would raise hell with ranked game play scoring.

Edited By CIK on 1086359772
Acheron

Post by Acheron »

a solution would be to make marius and playmyth to BAN 1.5.0 and rmeove it from all servers while it still is fresh.. quick work could fix much..

of course it is not a very very bad gameplay bug...buut i imagine that igmos opop4 FFA tment and WS team ffa might be majorly effected since lotsa tagging and contesting going on...

oh well I hope it wont be a year at least :)
Acheron LoA&BME
Blade

Post by Blade »

Listen: this was NOT a problem in FC1, and you know it. Don't pretend like anyone waited until now to report it. I'm sure someone has a film of a terries game being correctly scored in fc1, unfortunetly right now it would be oos, they'd have to reinstall FC1 (so I would delete FC1 link before anyone can prove you wrong).

But I can guarentee this was not a problem in FC1. Can you people ever admit that you're wrong? This patch was out all of 3 hours before Hit, Ducky, and I all noticed what happened in game. We immedietely tested and found out that sure enough, there was a bug. You really think this would go unnoticed for two weeks?

You're making patches to remedy your former patches, and whether or not is your intention to do any of the things that you have done, does not matter. Go ahead and do the classy thing and ban me from this forum like you did last time (for no good reason for that matter).
CIK

Post by CIK »

ROFL....I can give you the exact date the bug entered the code(we keep pretty acrute track of code changes around here) and it's been verified back as far as PB#2 in actual testing.

Also we have banned no one from these forums that I know of. Don't confuse us with the other people.

I could be wrong on this one, but I'm right on the important point here.

Also we have never tried to cover up or hide anything, you are thinking of someone else again.
Blade

Post by Blade »

Okay CIK, lets test it on FC1, I made a M2 folder prior to installing 1.5 final, so I still have FC1, my aim name is daniel95126, if you can host for 2 people (im fw'd), that we can test.
Doobie
Site Admin

Post by Doobie »

Blade, there's no super sekrit cover up going on here, this code change has been around for a while. While it's not fair to blame testers, it DOES suck that it wasn't discovered before hand. Instead of getting in a hissy fit about how we're lying to you about when this was introduced, why don't you help by suggesting some possible remedies..
Want to play Myth? New and old Myth players can playmyth online at Mariusnet.com.
KyleMaclean.net
Acheron

Post by Acheron »

bladde seriously stfu.. If the bug was in FC1 or not is TOTALLY KSAMK;ASM;AS not important..

The important stuff here is that It is in the final version, and it is a BIG issue, since terries is played so much.. If a fix was pumped oout tonight people would not complain (of course many would) but more would complain about this bug being in myth for a longer time. It is really better to just get ride of this ASAP many hasnt even upgraded yet..

Make a small fix if possible, and remove the big installers for new ones right away!
Acheron LoA&BME
ducky

Post by ducky »

yeah really. the issue is not when the bug was put in, but that the bug is there. I think it's not one that should or even can be 'worked around' (for tournies maybe, if games don't get into a complex SD. for ranked games, no), and that it should be fixed quickly now, instead of later.
Blade

Post by Blade »

Okay you're right, possible remedies. I don't know anything about scipting so I'm about as useless as a spare christmas tree stand.

I think you guys need to figure out why totally unrelated things to what you are trying to change, are being changed. From there you can fix stuff.
Acheron

Post by Acheron »

Blade wrote:Okay you're right, possible remedies. I don't know anything about scipting so I'm about as useless as a spare christmas tree stand.

I think you guys need to figure out why totally unrelated things to what you are trying to change, are being changed. From there you can fix stuff.
blade they fixed ctf scoring thats why it happend
Acheron LoA&BME