1.7 stuff

Talk about anything here.
Renwood TWA

Post by Renwood TWA »

VR you are a moron.

do you even know how to turn on a computer, or just leave it on 24-7-365?
Peach Out
Site Admin

Post by Death's Avatar »

Renwood TWA wrote:VR you are a moron.

1) 10 day delay. Nice work.

2) Did you...I...er...ugh...
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Renwood TWA wrote:VR you are a moron.

IF this were a "who knows more about designing, coding, testing computer software" contest I have no doubt I would beat you silly with the club of your ignorance, in fact I am pretty confident I know more about computers in general than you do too, but that of course is just my opinion. You are welcome to try to disabuse me of my preconception of your lack of knowledge in this field.

When you personally have written some software, ANY software, then get back to me and you can dispute my comments about how 'easy' modifying Myth II to allow multiplayer viewing of films seems, until then though maybe you should go have a beer and chill out a bit, or better yet why not go finish Myth IV so I'll have something productive to do instead of spending time on forums responding to your childish attempts to start fights.

ps. there's nothing wrong with leaving your computer on 24-7-365.
Frumius

Films

Post by Frumius »

Films

I was just rummaging through my Saved Films in Myth and had a great idea.

There is no way to view the endgame stats when you select a film; all you see is game type and who was in it.

I think it would be great to have a Stats button in the Replay Options dialog box that would quickly and easily allow one to check the game's outcome without launching it and fast-forwarding at 16x to the end.

Not only would it simplify score-keeping for tourneys (I think, never having done it), but it would simplify finding a particular film among many similar ones.

Thanks for listening!

And sorry, I couldn't find the Wish List post.
Last edited by Frumius on Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

I'm pretty sure that info isn't saved explicitly in the film. So the engine would have to essentially play it back at 16x behind the scenes to get to it anyway...
Tireces

Post by Tireces »

How about something else then, it would be cool to be albe to see singleplayers post game stats after multiplayer co-op game. I thinking about stats that tell about survivors, their names, kills, % damage inflicted and numer and types of enemy units killed.
Is it possible ?
"As long as a single one of us stands..."
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Re: Films

Post by Pyro »

Frumius wrote:And sorry, I couldn't find the Wish List post.
There is no Wish List for 1.7. They just ask me what they should add. :wink: Nah but seriously there is no wish list and this late into the development of 1.7 even less so than before. But I imagine if its something simple, maybe they will consider it. Simple for them to add that is.
zach

Post by zach »

speaking of wish list heres an idea

Small pop up video of games in progress when you scroll over them in the lobby. How cool would that be when tourneys are going on. or wondering whats going on in a game. Could be a very modern upgrade. Dunno how much it would affect bandwidth but its able to be done.

just a thought
Deqlyn

Post by Deqlyn »

keep dreaming this isnt HL2

**Crosses fingers for Healing Stats**
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

heh, can you imagine 30 people all viewing the same tourney game in progress, all moving the camera around and zooming in and out on different parts of the map? Can you imagine the network traffic the host's computer would be inundated with? Talk about your lag...
lank

Post by lank »

luckily the observer movement of clients aren't sent to the host, but the host would have to distribute a film of the level to the current time (which the passive viewers would have to play at 16x speed to get up to date) and distribute player commands (and possibly chat) continuously to the possibly numerous other computers attached, and how do you think that would affect playability for the others actually *in* the game?
*toot*
zach

Post by zach »

can we hear that in the lamens english version lank LOL.
£N

Post by £N »

is lamen layman for "layman"?
zach

Post by zach »

yeah yeah was just typing quickly in between commercials of the winter classic game.
Autumn Demon

Post by Autumn Demon »

Another wish-list item:

Ability to set the number of Last Recordings that myth saves (i.e., instead of just saving the last film the game would save the last 5 or whatever number you choose).