The Myth 3 Avatara

Talk about anything here.
GodzFire

The Myth 3 Avatara

Post by GodzFire »

Ever since M3 came out, I've always wanted to somehow find a way to backport some of the models to M2. As of right now, I believe this has yet to be accomplished, (Zeph's Iron Trow was a remake, not sure where the Hearthsmen came from).

I have gone back in the M3 tags and extracted everything for said Avatara model and put it into THIS zip file. HERE'S his texture stack.

With all our combined powers, let's brainstorm. How can we get this into M2?
Tireces

Re: The Myth 3 Avatara

Post by Tireces »

GodzFire wrote: With all our combined powers, let's brainstorm. How can we get this into M2?
Hmmm... lets give it to Zeph and wait some time :D ;) ;)
"As long as a single one of us stands..."
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

Hearthguard and IronTrow are both direct ports from M3. There are a few individuals that have all the models with their UV maps.
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

Graydon wrote:Hearthguard and IronTrow are both direct ports from M3. There are a few individuals that have all the models with their UV maps.
"UV Maps"? What does that mean?

I know for a FACT, that the IronTrow is not the one from M3. It's animations are completely different.
lank

Post by lank »

"UV Maps"? What does that mean?
UV mapping is a way of projecting textures onto a mesh. points with coordinates (X,Y) on the texture are given coordinates (U,V) that correspond to the geometry of the mesh, more or less.
*toot*
A-Red

Post by A-Red »

GodzFire wrote:I know for a FACT, that the IronTrow is not the one from M3. It's animations are completely different.
They would pretty much have to be different though--the M3 animations won't translate well into M2, especially for the big units. The model is the same, but I'm pretty sure it was Zeph who animated it, and the same is true of the Hearthguard.
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

Aye, many of the myth 3 unit models are available, but whether their texture stacks are actually UV mapped onto the model or not is questionable. Additionally, the animations arent included... it's just a rigged static model. Which is why the Iron Trow looks different in m3. It is. :)
Deqlyn

Post by Deqlyn »

The problem is not the models, meshes, hosting screen etc.... We need more Mappers... and therefore maps. Face it I'm not playing myth for the graphics and I doubt few are, unless for the graphics means they havent updated their PC...

We need more maps look at what is played... FFA and Mazz if we get tired of the maps people just quit, I haven't played PC solitiare since I beat it. FFA crew might stand the test of time seeing every game is different, but the coops may not. And we also need Beta Testers for those maps.

...Yes I have contributed 1 coop map... its on the 14th Beta. No I am not an expert but trying to get other people to start mapping.
Zeph

Post by Zeph »

Iron Trow and Hearthguards are not "direct" port from myth. I just took the original 3D model (which are outdated compared to myth3's) and reanimated them. Not all the 3d models have UV mapping (textures placed on the models). The avatara is an example of that.

I don't have the skills to apply textures on humanoid characters, if someone is up to the test, I can provide some models, but I will not create another myth unit.

Myth3 units don't look all that beautiful in myth2, instead, what I think is cool about them is that they can serve as a base for other units, a good example are Zombies in Quarantine, I modified the Forgottens from my myth3 3D model library.

Anyways, I don'T have the tools to make units anymore, but someone else might be up to the task.
Sonixboom

Post by Sonixboom »

anymore your like the only GREAT mapmaker left. if you stop giving us units we might fall apart. :(

-Sonixboom
Anyone interested in joining my clan drop me a line.
A-Red

Post by A-Red »

Sonixboom wrote:anymore your like the only GREAT mapmaker left. if you stop giving us units we might fall apart. :(

-Sonixboom
:everyone except Zeph goes and cries in a corner:
£N

Post by £N »

Grave Tidings, anyone? :D
Zeph

Post by Zeph »

gizmo made a better looking version of the hearthguards, I'll probably upload it sometime
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

http://www.csun.edu/~mgs73368/

Some programs made by Killswitch which I thought might interest someone. Dunno where Kill went.
Sonixboom

Post by Sonixboom »

ive seen kill around, only problem is i cant remember where or when. :(

-Sonixboom
Anyone interested in joining my clan drop me a line.