Myth II, Jinn, "Where Giants Fear" - Puzzle

Talk about anything here.
mark_wr

Myth II, Jinn, "Where Giants Fear" - Puzzle

Post by mark_wr »

Hi,

It took me a long time to figure out the puzzle at the end of Jinn for Myth II (Jinn map titled "Where Giants Fear"). I tried finding the answer on the web, but could find no postings for it anywhere. Thus, I decided to post the solution myself, so you don't have to pull your hair out in frustration. If you want to do some of the work yourself, I'll start by giving you a clue: Look at the symbols at the beginning of each of the map levels for Jinn.

Don't read below unless you want more help.

--------

First of all, if you don't solve the puzzle quickly, you'll face 3 more battles (at the Normal difficulty level), spread over quite a bit of time. I chose to fight all 3 battles, so that I could have time to concentrate on the puzzle. Of course the battles are fun, so you may want to do the same. On the other hand, if you want to finish the map in the least amount of time, then match the orbs quickly (I believe you can have 5 different units working on the 5 orbs at the same time if you wish).

The symbols at the start of each map only show up for so many seconds. I took a snapshot of each opening screen so I could peruse the symbols at my leasure.

In the table below, I'm numbering the orbs and pillars from left to right as you face North.

Map, Orb -> Pillar
------------------
1. The Sand Songs, 3 -> 4
2. Ten Leagues Under, 1 -> 5
3. The Dig, (already done...see ruined base of pillar#0 to the far left)
4. Nionel, 4 -> 3
5. Drone City, 5 -> 2
6. Where Giants Fear, 2 -> 1

When you look closely at each orb, and the South side of the top of each pillar, you'll see that each holds a piece of one of the Jinn map symbols. The above table matches the missing pieces together.

Note: You can pick up the orbs in any order, so long as you match each orb to it's proper pillar. It took a short time to figure out the mechanics of matching an orb to it's pillar. Give it a try, or read below for the answer.

--------

Click on one of your units who are capable of picking up an item (either Biana or a Soldier).
Click on an orb (a square outline will show up, indicating your unit will pick up the item).
After you unit picks up the orb, press T (hot key for using a special item).
Click on the UPPER HALF of the matching pillar (I had tried the bottom of the pillar for some time).
You unit will walk into the aura surrounding the pillar, and the pillar will self destruct.
Repeat for all orbs.

The ending is somewhat anti-climatic since it bypasses the stat screen that normally allows you to save your film for that map's adventure, and goes straight to the closing dialog and credits.

Have fun!

ps - I have the screen captures image of all the Jinn symbols, but am not sure how to include it in this post.