The upcoming zombie apocolypse

Talk about anything here.
Sonixboom

The upcoming zombie apocolypse

Post by Sonixboom »

Ok guys please tell my in your own words how YOU paln on escaping from the zombie uprising in 2046 at 2:03 PM on june 11th. YES that is the EXACT date of the zombie uprising so please we need a zombie plan. everyone here knows mine lets get some ideas make a plan band together and SURVIVE. I personally want to get flamethrower as my weapon of choice (zombies burn real nice) :twisted:

-Sonixboom
Anyone interested in joining my clan drop me a line.
Renwood TWA

Post by Renwood TWA »

The worst thing you can do to yourself is start setting zombies on fire.

A. it wont really kill them, and B. whatever structure you are staying in will get burnt to the ground.

a 22. cal rifle is a bestt choice, you cn carry like 3,000 rounds in a shoebox. Headshots only though!
Peach Out
lank

Post by lank »

... the zombie uprising in 2046 at 2:03 PM on june 11th. YES that is the EXACT date of the zombie uprising...
is that GMT? :P

sword: swords don't run out of ammo!
*toot*
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Remote mountain valley with only one narrow mountain pass in or out. 15' high concrete and steel blast doors in 4 locations along the pass that completely block pass at all times. Lasers at top of pass with clear line of sight down through pass. (lasers recharged by solar energy) water from natural spring, food grown in valley (also 5 year stockpile of non-perishable food). Home is a lodge on concrete pilings 30' in the air accessible only by ladder. Powered by solar and wind. Heliport pad on roof. (helicopter on pad)

Unfortunately by 2046 I'll probably be an incoherent homeless incontinent guy, aka a zombie takeout meal - so then I'll be one of the zombies coming for YOU. Speaking for myself and my future undead brethren, I just wanted to say thanks for posting your plans, we do appreciate it.
Sonixboom

Post by Sonixboom »

ditto i may indeed take your thoughts into consideration :)

-Sonixboom
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

I would like to know how the infected/zombies know that you aren't one of them. Maybe you can find a way to mask yourself. For example, if non-infected/humans have one type of general smell, find a way to replicate the infected/zombie smell on yourself or a way to mask your smell as best as possible. This way you could walk right by them to a safer place.
Renwood TWA

Post by Renwood TWA »

I imagine they could recognize your NOT a zombie the same way WE can tell that a zombie isnt a living human.

Or maybe its a scent thing and you can kill a buncha zombies and roll around in their rotten flesh to get the zombie scent.

My dog used to love to roll around in deer carcasses!
Peach Out
Sonixboom

Post by Sonixboom »

true but a .22 rifle doesnt have the same feel that a .44 magnum (feeling lucky punk) does or even a shotgun that *chunk* *chunk* sound it makes when u load it man thats a sound that even a zombie should be afraid of :)

-Sonixboom
Arthim

Post by Arthim »

Id get an RV a huge amount of gas (or some other fuel) and load it out with guns. In an RV you could store millions of rounds for various guns, as well as melee weapons in case you run out of ammo
for an mmo, click this link:
Sonixboom

Post by Sonixboom »

an RV??????.... huh well what if you blow a tire or fall asleep at the wheel that would end badly as for a boat or a island you have space food shelter and all sorts of other type things you need to survive (without tires)

-Sonixboom
Arthim

Post by Arthim »

just a thought, you could fight zombies the myth way, with explostives. Blow em up and they cant keep coming at you
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Explosives vs. Zombies is definitely a fun matchup.

The problem with just about any scenario (other than my almost perfect isolated island plan) is that eventually you run out of bullets/explosives/bombs, etc. Zombies are in near infinite supply, ammo is not. If you could get a hold of a military armory which somehow miraculously managed to go unnoticed during the zombie uprising you might have enough to last you for several years, but even then you'd probably need to just hole up somewhere and conserve your ammo and not go all rampaging ZombieHunter.

But I think unless you have some hope of semi-normalcy in your life (e.g. being able to walk around outside without constant fear of zombies) - like you might have on say a small isolated island - the psychological toll that constant hiding and/or hearing zombies outside the walls of your fort/hideout day after day after day , year afer year, is going to make most people snap.
Sonixboom

Post by Sonixboom »

true most people will snap but those that dont say for instance CRAZY ex-marines or navy seals or even PSYCHO vietnam vetarens are going to take the war to the zombies front yard I mean well heck they have seen death and laughed at it they probably dont care whether or not they live or die. this is also a time when you gather those people and live on a island like...grenada or the florida kets some place close to the mainland so avoid major natural disasters but far away so the zombies cant get to you. these t combined give you a 85% chance at survival i would take those odds but thats just me :twisted:

-Sonixboom
Arthim

Post by Arthim »

you could also go out and steal more guns and ammo. Zombies don't use guns and probably don't know what they are so you can just take them.

If you don't get eaten that is
Baak

Post by Baak »

Do zombies handle cold weather well? I'm wondering if they get slower (if that's possible)? I'd think they'd have a harder time finding food, etc.

They'd also have a helluva time in thick snow banks. :)

And man, it'd be a blast to watch them try to deal with ICE. :mrgreen:

So maybe heading towards the poles is a good idea too.