Myth 2 has grayed "New game"!?

A forum for solving problems that might be encountered during installation, updating, or in game.
sequrius

Myth 2 has grayed "New game"!?

Post by sequrius »

I've freshly installed Myth 2 complete installation (500mb) and then patch 1.6 on my PC. Game starts normal and menu shows up, but "new game" is grayed out so I can't click on it... I can click on Multiplayer, Tutorial, Preferences, but not on new game...

help?
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

Look in your Myth II folder, what does your "myth_log" TXT file say? Maybe the CD you used was damaged or something.
lank

Post by lank »

it sounds like you might have done a net only install by mistake. hopefully someone else can point you in the right direction, because i can't remember what file tells myth it's a net only install. iirc, you need only delete that file and myth will work for single player as normal.
*toot*
sequrius

Post by sequrius »

I'm using a mounted image made form CD.
if I start game without mounted image, a "replay intro" is also grayed out, but if i mount an image, it becomes available... but "new game" is allways grayed...
Eddaweaver

Post by Eddaweaver »

Do a full installation instead of a small / network installation.
sequrius

Post by sequrius »

Eddaweaver wrote:Do a full installation instead of a small / network installation.
It was a complete install (500mb)
Eddaweaver

Post by Eddaweaver »

Could you please post your myth_log.txt?
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

If you are updated, you don't need to mount the CD to play. The reason the "Replay Intro" is grayed out is because the cutscenes are in the CD and not in your Myth II folder. You can create a "cutscenes" folder in your Myth II folder and place them in so you can watch them without your CD having to be mounted.

And yes copy/paste the contents of your "myth_log.txt", it might hold the key to solving your problem.