Wight ? - ? wight

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
Sam The Butcher

Post by Sam The Butcher »

I have small question. Where do I find the flags to edit projectiles that wight turns into when healed? Thanks
GHOST®

Post by GHOST® »

[color=DFC99B]
Sam The Butcher wrote:I have small question. Where do I find the flags to edit projectiles that wight turns into when healed? Thanks
When a unit dies it either promotes to a Hard Death Projectile Group(PRGR) or a Soft Death PRGR.

Both these are linked to the unit in its Monster Tag in the feilds for Projectile Groups Exploding and Dying, which I think both use the same PRGR for this unit.

Sooo, basically create a new PRGR with the PROJs you want inside it and tie it to the Wig inside its MONS tag, or just select a diferent pre-existing PRGR. ;o)

Hope that makes sense, I just woke up and still awaiting my brain to get out of bed and catch up with me body. op[/color]
"Do you want to be healed now? Or would you prefer to bleed to death so I can try my hand at resurrection?"
lank

Post by lank »

healing seems to prevent projectiles from detonating at least until they come to rest if it causes a unit to die, but it uses the same projectile groups as whatever type of death it goes through.

so unfortunately if you want to make a wight drop extra things when it's unhealed you have to make it drop those extra things anyway (unless you can figure out a way to make sure that those extra things are affected one way or the other by the explosion when they die without unhealing - maybe possible for some ideas, but certainly not for others).
*toot*
Brainbug

Post by Brainbug »

And what with random artifacts?
can you set the "appearance value" for hard death on another value then in soft dead?

if you can, just make it appear 100% in healing death, 0% in other deaths
lank

Post by lank »

there is no "healing death" projectile group - only hard death and soft death (and wights have the same prgr defined for both). actually in 1.5 there's "burning death", and i can't wait to see that used. :;):
*toot*
Sam The Butcher

Post by Sam The Butcher »

Thanks all. I figured it out. Wight only has 1 tag for death that is wight explosion.. I had to make a new dudless puss then make links all the back to wight explosion tag.
GHOST®

Post by GHOST® »

Sam The Butcher wrote:Thanks all. I figured it out. Wight only has 1 tag for death that is wight explosion.. I had to make a new dudless puss then make links all the back to wight explosion tag.
[color=DFC99B]And it all will just get EZier and EZier the more you play with it. ;o)

::Is finding more fun in Fear than in Scripting L8ly mb::[/color]
"Do you want to be healed now? Or would you prefer to bleed to death so I can try my hand at resurrection?"
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

Ghost you Traitor! Aye...I would have just suggested (since wights always have an explosion...which i think goes under hard death..make a new PRGR and set it for soft death....Could be wrong on that though...mb wights do have soft deaths. What classifies as a soft death vs hard death mb? Would be good to know.
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

On the subject of burning death... I can finally use those painful burning screams from Stronghold! Hoorah!