Problems with xp - Xp sucks mb mb mb

Talk about anything here.
Soul

Post by Soul »

I just returned to myth after a few months on vacation and I have a new computer now (windows laptop...couldn't buy a mac or i wouldnt have this problem ::Sigh: and my game is choppy. I get 30 fps or so....but when i start fighting or just move the camera around it runs like i get 1 fps. its very similar to p;laying myth on a 56k host only there isnt reaction lag. Now I know its not the host because ive played on hosts that were very nice before and noone else had problems. I've heard rumors that other people had problems with XP and myth and if they did i missed the posts while i wasw away on how to fix these problems. i would therefore welcome any advice on how to make thios game run the way it used to on my 5 yearold mac... or maybe Bill gates is fucking stupid and doesn't know how to build decent computers.
CIK

Post by CIK »

I also posted over at playmyth. But first off what version of Myth are you trying to play? If it's 1.4 you need to check the eliminate chat lag preference. If it's 1.5, run dxdiag.exe and save the output to a text file and post it or email it cik at projectmagma.net. Most of the advice given to you on playmyth.net while where good in past versions, 1.5 is really built for XP and very well under XP.