Inventory

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
pallidice

Inventory

Post by pallidice »

Im trying to use units from tones of other maps and i exported the special characters from the 9 vs fallen lords using choas. but when i try and put them on loathing in my new map all the characters with inventory dont work.
i dont really know how inventory works period. plz help
Pallidice
Fury IX

Post by Fury IX »

Im not sure if this is same problem but I cant extract inventory either.

I have an old version PC chaos (4.0 crashes on start up), and my version does not extract what is in the "artifacts/ammo" PRGR box in the monster tag, so nothing in inventory will get extracted. What I have to do is manualy extract the PRGR of inventory spells, and then give the monster dummy attacks that will be extracted, and then link it all back up again after extraction.

Its kind of a pain, but its much better then the alternative (manual extraction). What really sucks is that this version cant extract scenery :cry:. I still need someone to have the same problem so maybe it will be fixed...
rifthead

Post by rifthead »

Could someone go over how the inventory system works though? I myself am fairly confused by it.
pallidice

Post by pallidice »

not quite the same subject but could someone tell me where u can get the specs on loathing? For example i remember in the old loathing the max cap for projectiles was 1024. i want to know what it is now among other things.
Pallidice
pallidice

Post by pallidice »

Also i just extracted each unit. But to get it so there is inventory they carry atrifacts is it required to extract the Arti to go with it?
Pallidice
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

pallidice wrote:Also i just extracted each unit. But to get it so there is inventory they carry atrifacts is it required to extract the Arti to go with it?
Do a search on 'inventory' in the forums here, you'll see at least one earlier discussion about how units and artifacts and inventory work together. I would suggest reading that first, then asking any questions you might still have.
Lots of Myth stuff at http://mythgraveyard.org.
Sometimes I put hard to find stuff in my my Udogs folder.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

pallidice wrote:not quite the same subject but could someone tell me where u can get the specs on loathing? For example i remember in the old loathing the max cap for projectiles was 1024. i want to know what it is now among other things.
similarly, if you type 'loathing limit' in the search box (don't type the quotes) and click the 'Search all words' checkbox then search you will find discussions about the limits of all kinds of Loathing related goodness.
Lots of Myth stuff at http://mythgraveyard.org.
Sometimes I put hard to find stuff in my my Udogs folder.