Myth ii 1.3 -1.4 new map crash - Myth ii crash

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Someone please help!

I am working on a map using Myth II 1.3.2(I think the .2 is right). It works fine and is playable in game, blah blah etc. It works fine when I run it from the local folder, AND when I turn it into a plugin (and clean out the local folder).

Problem: When I try to play it using Myth II 1.4 partway through loading it crashes Myth back to the desktop with the following error in the myth log file.

"Error: File system Open in definitions.c, line #(I forget the line#): couldn't read header for mesh definition 'nemf'."

I get this same error when running the plugin or the local folder version.

As far as I can tell "nemf" is not a tag associated with my map.

Any suggestions? Please hurry, my head is getting sore from banging it against the computer monitor.
Lots of Myth stuff at http://mythgraveyard.org.
Sometimes I put hard to find stuff in my my Udogs folder.
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

It will be a whole lot more sore if you break the monitor in the process...and then you wont even be able to read a fix for the problem! :-o Fact is it has to be a tag associated with your map...why it would run in 1.3 I have no idea, but what I suggest doing is grabbing HeadEdit (assuming you're mac) and dropping possible culprit tags onto that...check their headers and find the one you need....perhaps it's looking for a tag that doesnt exist in your plugin....if you are porting stuff from other plugs this can often be the case. Search any tags that you think might be causing the problem....it will be found eventually...can take some time though :) Good luck. (btw..if you dont get it working drop by hl.udogs.net hotline server and somebody will probably be able to give you a hand with smoothing it out :;):
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

Oh wow...on second thought (or look rather) I see it's a mesh header you're having trouble with. What is the name of your mesh/meshes? It has to be associated with your plug if it's a mesh :;): Take a look in the mesh tag in fear...something might be missing from it that should be there....causing the crash. reGL :D
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Thanks for the tip - I ended up giving up on Myth II 1.4, and (re)imported everything into a new map running under Myth II 1.5 (beta) and now it inexplicably works ok.
Lots of Myth stuff at http://mythgraveyard.org.
Sometimes I put hard to find stuff in my my Udogs folder.