Bug/feature? - The osx black screen

Talk about anything here.
El Tainted Blissarino

Post by El Tainted Blissarino »

Why'd you get rid of the thing where it turned the screen black when you hit command + ` on a mac? That was awesome for hiding the game from the boss!
I'm not into that whole "brevity" thing.
Gholsbane

Post by Gholsbane »

Lol!
CIK

Post by CIK »

heh I never new that one. I can't think of any reason why it wouldn't continue to work. Did it work in PB#1 by any chance?

Going forward I'd recommend playing in window mode and minimizing the window to the dock for just those occasions.
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

The reason was that it was very easy to hit accidentally (IIRC).

If you don't like windowed mode then I strongly recommend Desktop Manager (you can find it on versiontracker). A free, very easy to use and very nifty virtual desktop utility - just a very quick keystroke and you're on another desktop with your work apps etc and no Myth to be seen :)
...playing as long5hot on War Thunder
Krusader

Post by Krusader »

Gosh I hate that black screen bug in OSX, has happened to me 3 times already...or it may be my aging iMac CRT tube, who knows!

Sincerely
Krusader
Krusader Bastard

Post by »

hit "Apple + H" to hide the program, in windowed or full screen, but you have to hit "Esc" first to get it to the menu screen, or else it doesn't work.

Oh yeah, you're gonna want to mute the volume because you can still hear it even when its hidden.
Vidmaster's Oath:
I pledge to punch all switches, to never shoot where I could use grenades, to admit the existence of no level except Total Carnage, to never use Caps Lock as my ‘run’ key, and to never, ever, leave a single Bob alive.
Archer

Post by Archer »

Or you can set off the explosives you put nearby to distract the boss, thus allowing you to finish the level and quit at your leisure.

~J
Failure: when your best just isn't good enough.