Bowman collection

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
TarousZars
Site Admin

Post by TarousZars »

Hey guys.
I have been messing around in amber, and I just cant get it right.
I was wondering if someone could give me pointers, or just make a new bowman collection.

I want it to be the same, only w/ a puss arrow icon for menu bar instead of a flame arrow. Like the one from Mazz. I can't get the colors to work right.

If someone could explain how colors work, i could probably do it myself

Thanks

Tarous Zars
cenoxide

Post by cenoxide »

First, make (if you havnt already) the ammo icon u want, then open the bowman collection in amber and goto colortables, then from the menu select export colortable.

Open your ammo icon in photoshop, select indexed colors, (or RGB colors if it already indexed, then select indexed colors) then choose custom as the palette, then in the window that appears, click "Load..." and find the colortable that you exported from the collection, and hit OK.

Save as a BMP and then replace (import) the ammo icon in the bowman collection with the puss arrow.

hope it helps you out, always better to learn it once then to ask people to make it for you 5 times :D
TarousZars
Site Admin

Post by TarousZars »

TY Mate.

Just what I needed
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

Thats more or less how it's done....but your colours will likely be somewhat off if you use the original bowman's collection for the puss arrow. Best way to do it is to re-index the entire bitmap palette. If you dont know how to do this.....i really dont want to explain it :P (I've done it twice on these forums already i think).....I can whip it up for you in like 5 or 10 minutes if you want it flawless....the way Cen told you will work to an extent thoguh...depends how much colour detail you want :)