Question: target dummies as ASS targets.

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
ducky

Question: target dummies as ASS targets.

Post by ducky »

First, thanks for everyone's help on the last problem. It's totally awesome to have that shit fixed.

So I have a question about ASS target dummies. Basically, an ASS target dummy (or any uncontrollable ASS target) shows up blue on the map. Unfortunately, I have a cmap which blends really well with the blue target dots. I can fix this by making the dummies controllable, which would make them green, but this means that one might accidentally control them in battle.

My question is: is there a way to cheat, and have them be green on the OH map but uncontrollable? I'm guessing no, but if anyone has any bright ideas...
Lugas

Post by Lugas »

You could make them enemies (red dots, should look good) and also script them to not auto target anyone (I know they're just dummies, but you never know) and more importantly that no one auto targets them. That doesn't stop players attacking them...but don't players blow up pumpkins anyway?

Or you could make them not able to move anywhere (make their speed 0 and their terrain values 0 as well) and make them "controllable".
Click on the picture below for my Myth 2 scenario.
gugusm

Post by gugusm »

Lugas wrote:You could make them enemies (red dots, should look good) and also script them to not auto target anyone (I know they're just dummies, but you never know) and more importantly that no one auto targets them. That doesn't stop players attacking them...but don't players blow up pumpkins anyway?

Or you could make them not able to move anywhere (make their speed 0 and their terrain values 0 as well) and make them "controllable".
Well, they can't walk anywhere already, so you don't have to change that.

And I think it would be better option than your first proposal, the only issue is that you will be able to order them to go somewhere as you can do with normal units, though everywhere you click them to go to, red circle will appear.
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

Yeah if you want them green then you have control over them. But since they have speed of 0, turning speed of 0, and no attacks then when you try to move it... it won't because it can't.
Zeph

Post by Zeph »

and you can always give it to another player if you dont want the damage to be dealt to you :)
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

haha nice Zeph :D
...playing as long5hot on War Thunder