Loathing in 1.5 - Can't set controls

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
fear

Post by fear »

for some reason, my loathing is continuing to use the default controls, and for me, that is a problem. I haven't used default controls ever with camera movement on myth and so the keys are weird to me. I tried dumping my main prefs folder and copying my prefs folder from playmyth to the main area, but it didn't change anything.

Specs:
iMac G4 800mhtz
512 MB SDRAM
OS X 10.3.3
Nividia GeForce4 64MB (video card)

Edited By fear on 1081710580
"Be Yourself, Screw Reputation"
Vaultrat

Post by Vaultrat »

I am responding, because I am also having the same problem with 'Loathing' on my rig.

(While in 'Loathing' I am forced to use the 'default' keys Myth II offers and there is no way to change this at my end)

Rig:
Mac G4 450 mhz DP,640 Ram,OS 9.2.2 , (Video Card-ATI Raedeon 7000 mac Edition 32mb)
Always Awake & Always Around
GHOST®

Post by GHOST® »

[color=DFC99B]Pretty sure I already PMd Iron about this, but for the record, same here on Win XP, and its making for a pain to manuever about maps, especially when I am so used to useing my custom key set up for 7 years now. :o([/color]
"Do you want to be healed now? Or would you prefer to bleed to death so I can try my hand at resurrection?"
ChrisP

Post by ChrisP »

Same problem here. I've tried placing my keyboard backwards and at different odd angles to try to compensate, but, um, no.
:P
GHOST®

Post by GHOST® »

[color=DFC99B]
ChrisP wrote:Same problem here. I've tried placing my keyboard backwards and at different odd angles to try to compensate, but, um, no.
:P
OMG!! If it wasnt so discouraging and true, I would be ROFL at your post CP. ;op[/color]
"Do you want to be healed now? Or would you prefer to bleed to death so I can try my hand at resurrection?"
Vaultrat

Post by Vaultrat »

I'm on Myth II 1.5 - Public Beta #2 - Build 227

I am still experiencing the 'Default' key issue with ‘Loathing’ with this build. Loathing does not recognize/remember my keyboard set-up from the preferences window. Forcing me to use the default set-up.

However, during Game play, the custom keyboard set-up works, as it should.

Rig:
Mac G4 450mhz DP 640 Ram OS 9.2.2
32mb pci-Ati Radeon 7000 Mac edition.

Thank You
Always Awake & Always Around