Badass problems - I used to sympatize with you..

Talk about anything here.
Ludde

Post by Ludde »

But this is fucking ridicilous. The auto-installer makes me crash over and over again. Im on Mac OS X, and i wanted to change my screensize in the prefs. Crashes. It says im on bungie, not playmyth.net.. what more? Oh YES! when i get tired of this cuntfucked up shit, i decide to try the manual installer. I follow the instructions cautiously, and when i come to the part where i am supposed to put the "put in plugins"-folder in the pluginsfolder, it says i do not have the authorization to do that. So, i've overprompt everything else, and this doesnt work. So now i wont be able to play myth, and since im too fucking tired to reinstall the shit today, and because i cant find my cd, im writing this. Maybe fucking wait with your betas? what's the god damn fucking point of releasing betas that are not compatible with your system at all? (I dled the auto-and manualinstaller from projectmagma.net-mirror. Fucking just.. sort it out
Archer

Post by Archer »

Fix the Permissions with Get Info- Ownership and Permissions. After that and manual installation, things ought to be sorted out; I don't know what causes the Bungienet sticking, though.

~J
Failure: when your best just isn't good enough.
haravikk
Site Admin

Post by haravikk »

Bungienet can either be fixed by choosing 'servers' in the multiplayer options and choosing the server you want to use, or making sure you have the right plug-ins for the server placed in your plug-ins folder (these may be found in the metaservers folder).
In some cases deleting your 'metaserver' and 'networking' preferences may be required which will require you to re-enter your username and password.
Being Haravikk gets you girls like these:
CIK

Post by CIK »

Get the new installer coming out tonight, it will cleanup your directory for you and fix everything.
Krusader

Post by Krusader »

The OS X installer got updated, try it now Ludde.

Sincerely,
Krusader
Krusader Bastard
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

Whoa Ludde dude! never seen you that flipped out before :o|
Auto Installer for osX is fuckz0rd from what i've heard, but if you werent a lazy bastage you'd have nabbed the manual installer in the first place :oP

I tried the Manual Install last night and it went flawlessly (I'm on 10.3.3)....dunno what your problem was with the permissions. A restart might have done the trick :)
Ludde

Post by Ludde »

thanks for the response. I'll try the fixed one now. Gray: Well, i tried the manual, dled them together. I snap when i don't get to play myth and my gf is pissed at me, so i can't be with her, nor play myth. sorta fucks me up :)
LUDDIEEIES
shinco

Post by shinco »

Myth is like crack. I'm about to reinstall.
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

Hehe Shinco, I can't believe you uninstalled in the first place :)
...playing as long5hot on War Thunder