"Myth II Beta has expired."

A forum for solving problems that might be encountered during installation, updating, or in game.
pompey

"Myth II Beta has expired."

Post by pompey »

Any thoughts on this message when I try to open Myth?

Friends have made off with all of my purchased copies of the game so I can't try the easy reinstall solution. While I'd like to play Myth again, my primary motivation is just curiousity regarding this strange error.
pompey

Post by pompey »

:oops:

Resolved my issue. Apparently I accidently set my system's date to be December 19th, making the beta plugin out of date. *sigh*
Truth

Post by Truth »

:O i have this problem now as well. except my system date is correct. i cant find my cd either :/
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

You don't need your CD. Its the 1.6 beta that has a built-in expiry date - hopefully CIK will have a new version available very soon.

You _could_ go back to using 1.5.1, however that means you can't play Mazz. I'd advise keeping an eye open here for a new 1.6 build to download.
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

Changing system time temporarily will probably make it work until CIK updates the downloads.
Baron LeDant

Post by Baron LeDant »

Iron wrote:You _could_ go back to using 1.5.1, however that means you can't play Mazz.
Sounds tempting...
I wear a plastic ass on my bag ~ Da Cheeze
CIK

Post by CIK »

Yes 1.6 beta has now expired and we have failed to finish 1.6 because of some last minute details came up and they have yet to delt with. For the time being going back to 1.5.1 is everyones best option until we ship the final 1.6 version.

Sorry for the inconvience, it wasn't supposed to happen this way.
ChrisP

Post by ChrisP »

For the time being going back to 1.5.1 is everyones best option until we ship the final 1.6 version.
And the final will be released in hours? Days? Weeks? Do you even know?

I never quite understood the reason for expiring free software in the first place, but if you feel you have to do it, at least plan to err on the side of "mb there might be an unforseeable delay afterall." :evil:
CIK

Post by CIK »

Crap I thought 60 days was enough of a buffer........

As for the idea of expiring it, that is to make sure everyone is playing the current version. I've seen more then 1 post of someone who hit the expiration thing because they hadn't updated to the current build.

Anyways I've updated the links for a new Build of 1.6.....enjoy.....
ChrisP

Post by ChrisP »

Meh, okay, consider me shutted up. :oops:

Guess I was just worried it'd be weeks before anyone could play 1.6 again. Thanks for the quick fix, CIK.
The Elfoid

Post by The Elfoid »

Should make a sticky about this.
Dethdukk

Post by Dethdukk »

You can also just delete the old myth 1.6 folder, and reupdate your 1.5.1 for a new 1.6 myth. Or rather, it worked for me.
Eddaweaver

Post by Eddaweaver »

That'll also delete your saved plugins and films... just moving the system clock backward temporarily until the 1.6 final is out would be easier.

Reset the time with one click:
http://www.arachnoid.com/abouttime/
CIK

Post by CIK »

What would be eaiser yet would be to go download the current build from http://thetain.net and keep playing it.