Nvedia - Fps

Talk about anything here.
Orderless

Post by Orderless »

Hey fellas I forgot also to ask once again if there is any chance of fixing support for the nvedia geforce ddr cards?

I am running on win 98, 700 mghz, 640 ram, 64mb nvedia geforce ddr.

I have never been able to get more than 34 fps. It is the same whether I play in software mode or with the card. Therefore, I have only played myth in software mode ever.
Was thinking how nice it would be to see 70 fps....and what would it change in close 1 on 1 battles.

Anyway, I dont know what is involved to get that working, I know of three other people with the same card with the same deal as me. I keep playing with or without but with all the new additions sure would be kickass to see one the drastically changes the game for me.

Thanks dudes.
GHOST®

Post by GHOST® »

[color=DFC99B]
I have never been able to get more than 34 fps. It is the same whether I play in software mode or with the card. Therefore, I have only played myth in software mode ever
Ummm, if you get the same FPS in Software as you do using your VideoCard, WHY play in software mode ?? Youve needlessly been denying youself better graphics for . . . ??

Until last year or so when I got my new PC, anything above 10fps was considered good and was more than playable, personally I dont really see any in game difference between when I get 160fps or 20fps.[/color]
"Do you want to be healed now? Or would you prefer to bleed to death so I can try my hand at resurrection?"

Post by »

I think its one of those "my computer can show more fps than yours things" (I'm kidding here)

Heck dude, 25+ fps is great on myth (other games its about 30+fps).

Also the fps will change depending on the host and the number of people in game. Mine usually ranges from 20-90 fps depending on the area of the map I'm currently looking at and the number of people in game.
Vidmaster's Oath:
I pledge to punch all switches, to never shoot where I could use grenades, to admit the existence of no level except Total Carnage, to never use Caps Lock as my ‘run’ key, and to never, ever, leave a single Bob alive.
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

Myth only updates events 30 times a second. 15fps is playable, and 30fps is all you need for smooth rendering.
...playing as long5hot on War Thunder

Post by »

But why does it show that you are running at 85+ fps when you really aren't?
Vidmaster's Oath:
I pledge to punch all switches, to never shoot where I could use grenades, to admit the existence of no level except Total Carnage, to never use Caps Lock as my ‘run’ key, and to never, ever, leave a single Bob alive.
Pistol_Pete

Post by Pistol_Pete »

It shows that you're running Myth at over 85 frames per second because you ARE, pirate king. It's fairly difficult for people to notice any difference when a game runs between 30 and 60 FPS, but it is there, ever so slightly. As a good rule of thumb, anything over 25 FPS (I'm not that picky of a guy), is fine for any game.
Archer

Post by Archer »

24FPS is, IIRC, what you get at movies.

~J
Failure: when your best just isn't good enough.
CIK

Post by CIK »

What Iron was saying is that when you go above 30fps there are frames being displayed that are identical frames to ones previously rendered.

Your issue with bad FPS has some to do with your system or drivers. I test both ATI & Nvidia cards under XP during development and FPS are fine under both using either software or Direct3D.

If you are using the 3dfx renderer via OpenGlide, that is your problem. OpenGlide for some reason just really blows when used with Myth. I rarely see anything about 10-12 fps when using 3dfx renderer & OpenGlide.