Bug fixes

Talk about anything here.
Chohan BME

Post by Chohan BME »

I just read the bug fixes, I didn't find the fetchwalkbug fix. Has it been fixed?
Acheron

Post by Acheron »

Did you fix color bug? not mentioned in read me.. guess not typically!
Acheron LoA&BME
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

Yes, typically, we omitted that item from the readme. It was an oversight as the bug was looked at, assuming you mean the bug where team colors could conflict.

And to my knowledge no-one reported a fetchwalkbug Chohan, much less sent films of one :\
...playing as long5hot on War Thunder
chohan

Post by chohan »

Here is a old topic:

http://projectmagma.net/cgi-bin....2;t=247

When you control click with a fetch, he sometimes walks while he should be shooting. You have to space him first and ctrl click again to shoot.
CIK

Post by CIK »

We never received a film to my knowledge...a bug report without a film is almost like no report at all.

We spend many hours trying to reproduce problems that come in without bug reports and it just isn't feasible to do this for every bug report we get. So the policy is unless it's really easy to reproduce we need a film.
Acheron

Post by Acheron »

CIK wrote:We never received a film to my knowledge...a bug report without a film is almost like no report at all.

We spend many hours trying to reproduce problems that come in without bug reports and it just isn't feasible to do this for every bug report we get. So the policy is unless it's really easy to reproduce we need a film.
the policy for the future should be: dont touch what is not broken (1.3)
Acheron LoA&BME
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

hehe, yep, and we all know that 1.3 was totally free of "walking" bugs :)
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

On follow up of CIK's post above (and one of Ghost's former posts)....If you were to phone the doctors office because you felt sick, and said something like 'Hey Dr. I feel ill today....a bit of stomach pain and a headache....can you tell me what i've got?' would the doctor be able to tell you on the spot, or would he say you have to make an appointment and come in to see him? It works the same for bugs on myth 2....if the coders dont know what the bug is, and have only heard of it once, and dont have a film of the error.....what do you honestly expect them to do about it? Do you think they can pull a bugfix out of their ass? I know you cant.....so work with these guys to help us all.
Acheron

Post by Acheron »

iron wrote:hehe, yep, and we all know that 1.3 was totally free of "walking" bugs :)
well id smile if i got the ol walkbbug back if the rest playedt the same. i need to try beta 2 it use to crash. But greydon says its just my computer being a n00b. Guess its true since ONLY public beta 2 is crashing nothing else. this is in gameplay
Acheron LoA&BME
chohan

Post by chohan »

Greydon, stop spamming. You are adding nothing new to this topic.

I will send in a film once I play a map with fetch + walkbug.
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

thanks chohan, looking forward to seeing it.