test

Talk about anything here.
Horus

Post by Horus »

What would be easier is having a singular accounts problem forum that allows guests to post, whilst removing guest privileges in other forums (that way any guest bot spam that may or may not appear will be limited to one forum and not need hunting down whilst still letting people with account problems to say so).
Eddaweaver

Post by Eddaweaver »

It's not good to let spambots full up a forum because it interfers with search engines, and this domain may be punished in pagerank.

I think guest posting should continue to be allowed unless spamming becomes a prohibitive problem again.
Eddaweaver

Post by Eddaweaver »

By the way there are a heap of bot-registered false accounts in the memberlist with links to drug and spammer sites in their www link. These accounts ought to be deleted.
StoneCold
Site Admin

Post by StoneCold »

Once everything settles down, I'll sift through the database and delete those accounts. Right now, I'm working on getting the new layout of projectmagma.net finished. We're almost done with the total transition and we hope to launch the new website at the same time of The Tain.
Gholsbane

Post by Gholsbane »

StoneCold wrote:Right now, I'm working on getting the new layout of projectmagma.net finished. We're almost done with the total transition and we hope to launch the new website at the same time of The Tain.
My my, SC, you have been busy... Nice of you to tell us you had all these wondeful plans. Who designed the new layout then?
StoneCold
Site Admin

Post by StoneCold »

Someone is a little cranky, eh? I wasn't referring to being busy with the website. I do have a job and other things to do. So yes, I have been busy with other things.

I also think you can guess who designed this layout by the new forum template.
Gholsbane

Post by Gholsbane »

Yeah, I guess I'm just not hugely impressed with the assumptions being made with my work. I applaud you for trying to sort things out here but a little communication wouldn't have gone amiss. I'm not really happy with my stylesheets just being reused with no real thought for the content. Redesigning a site isn't as simple as just adding some fresh CSS to old HTML and content.

Let me know if you want to talk seriously about this.
The Elfoid

Post by The Elfoid »

Until now my forum posting had been hindered by issues with the old system which I was never able to post on. This means you guys'll get all the spam the rest of Myth gets from me :(