Should Magma make more updates?

Talk about anything here.

Should Magma make more updates?

Yes, I have a 11 page feature request list typed and ready to post.
44%
Yes, if Myth stagnates it'll die sooner rather than later.
22%
Depends on what new features would be added, but I guess so.
24%
Only if I don't have to know about it until it's finished.
2%
Oh God, where's my 1.3.2 disc.
7%

Total votes: 41

William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

So what you're saying Phex, is make units able to do all this stuff that usually can only be done by lots of scripting? It'd never happen but it would be intersesting to see what'd happen if the units were smarter.
Okay I got the models but now I'm too dumb to do anything with 'em
Industry

Post by Industry »

Sounds like a job for "map action tags". And that they be pulled out of the compiled code and put into an actual tag.
Point

Post by Point »

myth updates are a good thing
Caius Pupus

Post by Caius Pupus »

Well... I know that the Linux version is ported by Loki but... It would be nice to have a free (as in Free Software) Linux version with all the updates.

PS: By the way, men, you're doing a good job on Myth! Keep it up! :;):
In my thoughts and in my dreams
They're always in my mind
These songs of hobbits, dwarves and men
And elves
Come close your eyes
You can see them too
[Blind Guardian: The Bard's song - In the forest]
Gleep

Post by Gleep »

Would it be possible to up the limit of a monster's attacks from 4 or add another key input for a different special attack?
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

I didn't notice this anywhere.... are there any updates needed to support the new Intel based macs? Universal code?
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

The reports I've gotten is the current version runs perfectly well (read: no problems, and no noticeable performance penalty), using Rosetta emulation on the new Intel Macs. So, for the time being, we're not going to release a Universal Binary.
whenders0n

Post by whenders0n »

One more big request for higher unit resolutions. If you haven't yet, go check out this:
http://projectmagma.net/~iron/images/reg02.jpg
I mean, M2 units look great - but those are SWEET.
.william
Horus

Post by Horus »

whenders0n wrote:One more big request for higher unit resolutions. If you haven't yet, go check out this:
http://projectmagma.net/~iron/images/reg02.jpg
I mean, M2 units look great - but those are SWEET.
That's more in league for a tagset than an update.

Not all 56kers would ever download an update so huge.

Now a sample list of things I'd like to see.

1. The ability to edit inbuilt effects, such as puss colour, stoning and multiple healing effects.

2. Four free damage settings, so that you can make a few exotic attacks that can effect certain units without limiting the attack types you use (current there is only Melee, Kinetic, Explosive, Electric, Gas, Stoning, Pus...).

3. More colours for pregames (1000 = really detailed journals etc).

4. Dwarf setting, so that a unit can have specific attacks setup for certain units (currently there is Giant and Standard - which controls whether Trow punch big units and kick normal sized ones), there'd also need to be an attack setting for, only use on dwarves.

5. An improvement on the special monster setting that allows your unit to walk through models, so that they can be hit by melee attacks (way it is now, is that only area effect weapons can affect units with that setting).

I have more ideas, but I'm bored of writing now...
The Elfoid

Post by The Elfoid »

Your dwarf thing an idea for a specific unit Horus? It sounds kinda like you got something you want it for...
sillek

Post by sillek »

How about removing the plug-in limit ?

Third party games are so rare that I have to keep everything in. If I don't have it in and have to put it in, I'm screwed because the chance has already passed.
Welly

Post by Welly »

sillek wrote:How about removing the plug-in limit ?

Third party games are so rare that I have to keep everything in. If I don't have it in and have to put it in, I'm screwed because the chance has already passed.
There's a limit? what is it? If there is a limit, I would love an update removing it, because I have tons of plugins in my plug folder and no way of knowing which are and aren't being registered.
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

The current limit is 512 plugins. Back in 1.3 days, it was 128 however due to the long load-up time and the spamming of the map list it was impractical to use even this many at once.
...playing as long5hot on War Thunder
Wismuth

Post by Wismuth »

AUTOHOST bug/suggestion

Bug: I left Autohost on one night and it was stuck for most of the night in LMOTH SDN DEATH with 0 player. I suppose this happened because no one loaded (or maybe even because everyone dropped before tagging?) Anyway, games should automatically end when there is 0 player left (or even when 1 player is left).

Suggestion: When n players have joined, Autohost should require ceil(n/2) or maybe floor(2*n/3) checks before the game start, not 2. Currently it's really hard to get a 16-player game going in autohost because the number of checks has to stay <=2 for most of the time and then jump from 2 to 16 within 30 seconds. With my proposal starting a game is like a vote, if 1/2 players want to start it should start in 30 sec, if 1/2 players want to wait it should wait. I know you don't want a few afk ppl to sit and ruin it for everybody, but you won't have HALF of the players doing that so all is fine.
Zaknafein

Post by Zaknafein »

I really want an in-game mute command.