Water and depth - Mine is screwed

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
Orlando the Axe

Post by Orlando the Axe »

My dwarves go completely underwater in some places on my map where they should be able to go, but not go underwater. Is there a quick way to make all media depths the proper level? I tried just raising the mesh but that screwed up all the terrain stuff I have already done.

Post by »

Have you tried selecting the terrain you want to change and making sure that "Dwarven upassable" is selected. Or something like that I don't remember the exact wording. You have to do it through Loathing.

Oh yeah, very sweeeeeeeeet avatar!
Vidmaster's Oath:
I pledge to punch all switches, to never shoot where I could use grenades, to admit the existence of no level except Total Carnage, to never use Caps Lock as my ‘run’ key, and to never, ever, leave a single Bob alive.
Orlando the Axe

:-/
You mis understood. I want the dwarf to be able to walk there. I don't want him to go underwater when he does so.

Edited By Orlando the Axe on 1082592592

Post by »

Oooooh, I see now, sorry my bad. As far as I've figured out, the only way to get the dwarf to do that is to set it up so that the duff floats over some surfaces and not others...I'm not entirely sure how to do it but I know it can be done. I did it once by accident and I didn't save it because I was trying to do something else :(

Oh wait, I have another idea, try making it so that the dwarf stays at a constant height above all terrain and media...that might work.
Vidmaster's Oath:
I pledge to punch all switches, to never shoot where I could use grenades, to admit the existence of no level except Total Carnage, to never use Caps Lock as my ‘run’ key, and to never, ever, leave a single Bob alive.
lank

Post by lank »

can't you just raise the mesh under the water until it's the right depth? or if the media height is wrong, find what height it should be, and then set it to that without touching the mesh grid. whatever you do, it may end up being a little tedious...
*toot*
Orlando the Axe

I guess I'll probably just end up going through the whole thing and redoing all the water with an abosulte height tool.