Mazz V continuity concerns (valid?) - from an Asylumite

Talk about anything here.
Welly

Post by Welly »

Not sure how often folks from here check the Asylum forum @borg, so I figured I'd post here:

1. Myrmidons were a race converted into undeath by Balor, so they are sort of anachronistic.

2. Fetch were summoned by Balor during the Great War (TFL) so they couldn't have existed in the days of Mazz.

3. The Maul flavor text is still default (it mentions Soulblighter).

4. etc. &c. ....

Of course, I never read anywhere that the Mazz level was striving to be correct in such small areas of continuity, but in case anyone is planning for a Mazz 6 sometime down the road, this type of thing might be fun to straighten out (at least it would be for me).
ChrisP

Post by ChrisP »

One of the most unexpected compliments for Mazzarin's Demise is to see players look for validity in the storyline. The design process was purely "How much cool stuff can we cram into one map?" and neglectfully, any story was an afterthought.

Still, I will offer feeble rationalizations:

1. I thought I named the Myrmidons "Forsaken" which appeared as Myrmidon-like undead in Myth III. Maybe I forgot though.

2. Perhaps Balor wasn't the first.

3. My bad.

4. I don't plan on ever making a Mazz 6, but if I change my mind, I'll look you up, Welly. :)
Welly

Post by Welly »

Thanks for the reply.. I'm pretty sure I do remember the Myrms being called Forsaken or something similar in Mazz IV, maybe the string got shuffled during the version update.

All those things are minor trifles of course. The new stuff, like the Beholders and the Mariliths, are downright awesome (even if they are from another gaming universe?).

ChrisP... sometime in early October I'll be getting my old removable storage (ZIP discs) from a friend in Oregon... on them are the Griffin sprites (and some other original unit I can't recall) by the Re-Animator I brought up once when you were on PMNet. They're totally from scratch and look Nothing like the rather silly Griffin contained inside the M2 tags & Relic as an easter egg.

If you're still interested in looking at them please let me know and I'll make a note of it to send them over HL or something once they arrive!
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

Are they similar to the griffin sprites in LoGA, made I presume by Cyd?
...playing as long5hot on War Thunder
A-Red

Post by A-Red »

iron wrote:Are they similar to the griffin sprites in LoGA, made I presume by Cyd?
Those were borrowed from Hexographica, actually.
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

ahh, they're the same then, seeing as Reanimator was Hexo's unit maker :)
Welly

Post by Welly »

LoGa? I've been out of it for awhile now..
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

legend of gor-ash
Lord Thanos

Post by Lord Thanos »

A legend amongst plug-ins, if I do say so.
Thanos A.K.A "Ravanosh"
capital

Post by capital »

Lord Thanos wrote:A legend amongst plug-ins, if I do say so.
legendary crashes for me w/ it.
Lord Thanos

Post by Lord Thanos »

Oh? What were the nature of the crashes, if I may inquire? I assume you've tried emptying your local folder, to see if that resolves the issues.
Thanos A.K.A "Ravanosh"
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

I think cap was just putting more play on the word legend... perhaps I'm mistaken though.

I'm curious as to what the other unmentioned original unit is? :)
Welly

Post by Welly »

Graydon, I can't recall what it was either.

When the little grey discs arrive in october, I'll let you know what it was. I do remember downloading 2 original units in the same week back when that kind of thing was readily available at the Mill, being extremely impressed with them, then finding out that they were both by Re-Animator (one being the griffin if I'm correct).

Could it have been a giant called Ogre? or was that something a Creation guy made? (the ogre I'm mentioning was a rather gigantic, hunched over man with an axe, and its death sequence involved him multiplying and having those multiple images swirl away in a ghost effect). Whether or not someone else made the Ogre or it is in fact the 2nd Re-animator unit I have, it will arrive with the griffin, unless God wants to jerk around and strikes the mail-truck with lightning.
Welly

Post by Welly »

iron wrote:ahh, they're the same then, seeing as Reanimator was Hexo's unit maker :)

You're right.. I dug up LoGA, and sure enough, those are the griffin sprites I mentioned to Chrisp.

I'm making a list of the rest of the stuff that comes to me in the mail for Doobie, and hopefully my memory served me and there is another sweet unit from Re-Animator with the rest. I'll post it here for graydon and anyone else curious.
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

Wicked man. That ogre guy sounds neat. I'm mostly interested to see if I've ever seen these units before...

Since the griffin was actually made into a myth unit and used someplace, perhaps these others were too. =)