Blocking blasts with models (walls) - Is it possible?

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
Baak

Post by Baak »

Hey All,

I've got a projectile that has a large enough radius when it explodes that it can hit things on the other side of walls (such as the ones on Venice).

Is there a way to prevent the blast from going through to the other side of the wall?

Thanks in advance! :)
Lothar

Post by Lothar »

No. Models are ignored in projectile damage radii calculations.
haravikk
Site Admin

Post by haravikk »

Not without changing how your projectile works. What you can try to do is have the projectile explode into fast moving, invisible pieces, with a very short lifespan (so they detonate a short distance from their parent projectile). These would have a much smaller blast radius, enough that you don't need LOADS of them, but not big enough to go through the wall.

I'd suggest making them visible to begin with so you can be sure that they're behaving correctly, and just try lots of different combinations of settings till it's just right.
Being Haravikk gets you girls like these:
Baak

Post by Baak »

Thanks guys - good stuff! :)
Jagman

Post by Jagman »

I think checking "Passes through target" flag in the expanding projectile thats not supposed to go through the wall (but deal damage) should allow it to pass through units so that you get a true blast effect, but not let it pass through models.
mb :;):