Need Assistance for Project - Five Kingdoms!

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
Phex

Post by Phex »

Hey!

To sum it up: I need somebody who is able and willing to help me with my mapmaking project: Five Kingdoms which was already made public here as a beta version. Five Kingdoms is planned to contain certain multiplayer/team-maps but might also include some coop elements.

The idea behind it is following:
Once upon a time there was land where five kingdoms with five different races lived in an unsafe peace: Humans, Elves, Dwarves, Goblins and Undead. The situation has sharpened since the Human King died and his follower comes to the throne, reneging on covenants and ignoring old frontiers. Therefore a new battle for the supremacy conflagrates.

<h1 align="center">Image</h1>

Every player embodies a General on one of the five sides of the conflict and can control unique units with unique abilities. Most units are borrowed from 7th God and made by Cydonian (thank you again!); you can find a short unit overview here.

For example there is the Necromancer on the side of the Undead. He is followed by his Summoned Guards and can bewitch enemy units to fill his lines. When he dies, his guards are also immediately decomposed. There are the mighty dwarven Stone Golems who are immune to fire and arrows and can walk on the ground of the deepest lakes. All living units will be paralized in fear when they face these horrible creatures. In their shadows fly small Tamed Dragons that bring chaos into the enemy troops when they torn everything in burning heat. When you are with the humans, you will experience the motivating charm of the Knights that lead their brave Warriors far between the enemy forces to the last breath. They bring Wizards in their wake who cover the landscape with snow and ice and blood. In the lines of the Elves you will meet the pretty but shy female Archers who can hit a goblin's eye over a distance of three stone's throws - as long as no foe comes close to them.

These were only a few examples of the very broad and unique unit composition that will allow totally new stategies and tactics. There are also a lot of new features of Myth 1.5.1 used, like morale, invisible mana, propulsion or fire death etc. combined with quite a lot of scripting.
Instead of the usual Myth combats, its a totally new experience to actually face an enemy army with warriors strictly acting and looking differently from yours.

The maps will also effect the gameplay in an extraordinary way: your living units will return as ghosts if you fight in the Dead Lands for example or you might get reinforcements in your own Homeland under some circumstances.

Here are a few screenshots I shot during the beta-testing phase:

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

I am currently working together with one other person, but the main things are done by me. The reason for me needing help is that the project is getting more complex than expected and, even more important, that I am not in possession of a mac. In addition I have to admit that my non-native English is not good enough to write flavour texts.
Therefore I would need help from somebody
<span style='font-family:Courier'> - with a Mac to work out some maps (*)
- with English skills & fantasy to write flavour texts / stories resp. working out races (**)</span>
(*): There is a damned Loathing bug which causes some maps to crash under windows.
(**): Everything imaginative, no matter of its nature, can gladly slip into the background of this project. You have an idea? Tell me!

Currently there are six maps in the works:
<span style='font-family:Courier'> 1) Human Kingdom: finished
2) Elven Kingdom: fully planned
3) Dwarven Kingdom: planned
4) Goblin Kingdom: n/a
5) The Dead Lands: fully planned
6) An Annual Meeting: finished</span>
planned: concept finished, but nothing beyond
fully planned: map ready, but units/scenery not completely placed.

Image If somebody is interested, feel free to pm or email (IamAbraxas at gmx.de) me or just answer this post. I would be really happy if somebody could help me, I dont think that I am able to finish it alone! I would also enjoy to hear your opinion in general about this project!

Thank you for your attention!
rgds,
Phex
A-Red

Post by A-Red »

I'd be happy to write flavor texts and stuff. I'm doing the writing for a certain other project as well; a sample of my previous work can be found here

A-Red
Lothar

Post by Lothar »

Hey Phex,

Just for your information, you have a Goblin "Crossbowman", which is incorrect, as it would have to be "Crossbowoman" which is awkward, but it's just as weird to call those goblin girls Crossbowmen.
Phex

Post by Phex »

You dont want to tell me that these crossbow-carrying creatures are goblin women, do you? They dont have breasts nor other anatomical characteristics pointing on their unmasculine gender. They are smaller than soldiers but this might come from their lighter armor; they have long hair but male elves and other goblin warriors also wear their hair long. You really think that they are female? :O
A-Red

Post by A-Red »

Yes, because the TSG units page says they are female.
carlinho

Post by carlinho »

wouldn't date a goblin woman then if they lack breasts...hehe
http://carlinho7.tripod.com
Home of ANCIENT and CLASSICAL GREECE plugin on the works.
Lothar

Post by Lothar »

Yep, they are female.

Males are huuuuge with muscles and stuff.

And it SAYS they are female during the levels.
Unkfolt

Post by Unkfolt »

It actually says that 'many of them were women' (quote?), so some of them could've been underdeveloped men with too much estrogen in their hormones. Plus "men" doesn't always denote that who is being described is actually a man. Like when talking to a group of men and women, I just say "hey guys." But you could save this whole mess by just calling them "Goblin Archers" like they did in TSG.

☼☼ Unkfolt

One more thing: Goblin women = nasty
"Somewhere something incredible is waiting to be known."
-Carl Sagan
Horus

Post by Horus »

Goblin Crossbowers

Is the correct cross gender term.

Btw the Elven Archer Spy (female) becomes the Goblin Crossbower Spy (female) :P
Zeph

Post by Zeph »

you guys played TSG too much
Try this funny game, it's free, broswer based and doesn't ask for email.www.mybrute.com
A-Red

Post by A-Red »

Actually, I believe that if you wanted to be politically correct it would be goblin "crossbowpersons."
Phex

Post by Phex »

I think I will just call them all "unit" resp. "units".

:roll:
Back to topic maybe?