tag extractor problems - the tags themselves don't seem to work

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
Zaknafein

Post by Zaknafein »

I extracted tags from a plugin, and I put all the tags for a specific monster in all of the correct places. I put that monster on a map using loathing, but when I try to load the map in Myth, it takes me back to the main menu.

Here is my myth log:
2005-06-22 18:52:29
Myth II Build 234 running under MacOS 1039 ----------------------------------------------
Scanning for software devices...
Found 1 to use
Scanning for OpenGL devices...
Found 1 to use
Loading Patch Files...
Patch 1.2
Patch 1.3
PlayMyth v1.2.1
PMI_Classic
Patch 1.4
Patch 1.4 Interface
Patch 1.5
Loading Patch Files Succeeded
Error: Data Missing in cutscenes.c, line #369: Unable to find the following cutscene - prologue.smk

Running OpenGL at 1024 x 768, 60 Hz, 16 bit
Starting mesh "The Deceiver"...
Error: File system Open in definitions.c, line #499: couldn't read header for object definition 'crpo'.

Error: File system Open in definitions.c, line #584: projectile definition postprocess failed on 'boncuar magic projectile'.

Error: File system Open in definitions.c, line #499: couldn't read header for object definition 'thin'.

Error: File system Open in definitions.c, line #584: projectile definition postprocess failed on 'boncuar's staff'.

Closing Myth.

Any help would be useful.
lank

Post by lank »

looks like you're missing two object tags - one with a tag id code "crpo" and the other "thin" - and those two missing tags are causing a couple of projectiles to fail to load. find them and you should be alright.
*toot*