loop animations in Amber - Anybody experienced with loop animations

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
carlinho

Post by carlinho »

Anybody experienced with loop animations?

In amber, in the sequences, where you can on the right of the key frame placeholder there's a loop placeholder for an interger.

basically I want the fire animation for an archer that from frame 0-3 sits down and from 4-12 fires and reloads, to repeat itself when the unit keeps firing from 4-12 and when he fires for first time from 0-12...

Zeph told me about this loop thing...but any ideas on how specifically it works appreciated...

carlinho
http://carlinho7.tripod.com
Home of ANCIENT and CLASSICAL GREECE plugin on the works.
Zeph

Post by Zeph »

did you try with a repetition?
Try this funny game, it's free, broswer based and doesn't ask for email.www.mybrute.com
carlinho

Post by carlinho »

uhhh...forgive my poor educated wit...when you mean repetition you mean repeating the same frames in the same sequence?
because right now it plays from 0-12 regardless of the number I assign on loop.
So my guess was that if I repeat frames within the sequence nothing would change.
Of course my logic could prove weak...hehe
I couldn't extract the deceiver collection, can't find the extractor in this new computer(must had forgot it in the old one that broke down) so I couldn't see how exactly it works...
thanks zeph
Zeph

Post by Zeph »

repetition is in the monster attack. Below the attack range.

As a mather of fact, the deceiver uses a looped attack with repetition of a few thousands.

I would set your unit with a repetition of like 10
Recovery time of 0.3 --> so that when you're done with the 10 reps, you need to wait a good 3 seconds before another volley. (10 reps * 0.3s ... thats how repetitions work, they add up the recovery time each time)

In amber, I also suggest you dont put the frame rate too fast or he'll be like a super hero archer. If you have like 5 frames from the time he pulls the bow and shoots the arrow, I'd say 5 or 6 frame rate.

Experiment with this :D
Try this funny game, it's free, broswer based and doesn't ask for email.www.mybrute.com
carlinho

Post by carlinho »

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!
it worked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
thanks a lot Zeph!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I did a repetition of 3, and it looks GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
thanks so much!!
Zeph

Post by Zeph »

no problem :D