Some questions - Some help needed

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
Loial

Post by Loial »

OK, i got a few questions for u guys.

First I was playing my map at PM.net and one of the teams could see the other on their start spot (even tho all out unites was far far away.) I got ambient life on the map i wondered if it could be that, Theyre all team -1.

Secondly, the sounds I add in loathing at map doesnt seem to work. The only sound i can hear is the sound selected in ambiant sound under my mesh in fear. All the sounds i placed in loathing are random sounds and end with st.

Last question: when i got many versions of the same map. Like light and dark, and if I want to make a change on the flag posision or trees etc. Is there any way i can do this except doing it manualy in every version of the map?

Thank you
Loial
GHOST®

Post by GHOST® »

[color=DFC99B]
OK, i got a few questions for u guys.
And hopefully I have a working answer or 2 for you. :o)
First I was playing my map at PM.net and one of the teams could see the other on their start spot (even tho all out unites was far far away.) I got ambient life on the map i wondered if it could be that, Theyre all team -1.
Do these Ambient units have the 'Is Ambient Life Form' flag checked as well ??
Secondly, the sounds I add in loathing at map doesnt seem to work. The only sound i can hear is the sound selected in ambiant sound under my mesh in fear. All the sounds i placed in loathing are random sounds and end with st.
The 'st' on the ends of those sounds mean Stereo, iirc, stereo is reserved for pre/post game music and the in game Ambient Sound set in the Mesh tag. For sounds in game you want /need to use mono sounds, which are pretty much all the random sounds, dialogue sounds, and assorted others.
Last question: when i got many versions of the same map. Like light and dark, and if I want to make a change on the flag posision or trees etc. Is there any way i can do this except doing it manualy in every version of the map?
Its been awhile since Ive done this, but I think you can just duplicate your original mesh, giving it a new name, also each mesh will require its own String List (STLI) for the map names that will appear when choosing which level to play.

Hope my good but short memory isnt leading you astray and you find some help in my responses. :o)[/color]
"Do you want to be healed now? Or would you prefer to bleed to death so I can try my hand at resurrection?"
Loial

Post by Loial »

yea thank you. The sound now work and i cant see the unites on other side. If i dublicate maps tho the unites come with em and i gotta do all of that again. It might not be another way i dunno.
Loial
GHOST®

Post by GHOST® »

[color=DFC99B]
If i dublicate maps tho the unites come with em and i gotta do all of that again. It might not be another way i dunno
Aye the units, the scenery etc etc. This saves you having to replace all that stuff and you can just replace the units in the MONS Pallette, (double click a unit in the Monster Pallette and switch it to what you want), or delete and replace as needed, much ezier than doing each mesh from scratch imho.

This is the only way to do this that I am aware of short of exporting your CMap, displacement map, media map, terrain map, creating a new mesh and then importing all these into the new mesh. Of course then you have to replace ALL your scenery, units etc etc.[/color]
"Do you want to be healed now? Or would you prefer to bleed to death so I can try my hand at resurrection?"
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

Loial....once you dupe the mesh it's duped. If you are going to make alterations to displacement etc AFTER it's duped...you have to do it individually to each mesh. Best suggestion is do ALL the changes to your say... 'light' varient (or the first version you make)....test that...make it 'final' and THEN dupe and make dark varients...then all you have to mess with is the unit balance :)