Trouble with Sequences and Key Points - Switching Key Points

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
Lothar

Post by Lothar »

I have a unit, let's say a cowboy, and he has a gun in each hand. He always attacks from the one on the right when he is right handed, and the left when he is left handed. I would like him to alternate between shots, so I have two sequences, one with the Key point on one side, and one with the key point on the other side.

I probably already made a mistake at this point, but simply put: it just DOESN'T WORK. I have tried giving him both sequences in his attack, and supposedly it should choose randomly from the list, but instead he always uses the same side to attack from. What Am I doing wrong??

Thanks!
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

hmm. Don't know. From the sounds of it you're doing it right.
...playing as long5hot on War Thunder
Road

Post by Road »

Oh man its been a long time...
I think if I remember right if you have two attack sequences in one attack the two need to be set at less than 100 (or at least the first one, otherwise it wont go to the second sequence). It sounds like your doing it right but there is always some small thing that may have been overlooked.
Another way around this would be to make two attacks and have the first one use (invisible) mana that is used up after one attack and the second one actually not use mana but give it to the unit. That way the unit will always fire left then right.
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

Have you tried looking at the Myrkridia's monster tag. If your collection is correct, look over the Myrk' melee attack and the sequences it uses.

-Pyro
Road

Post by Road »

The first seq attack has a skip fraction of 0.5 and the second sequence is set at 0.0. Its a random roll I think and it may not garuntee left, right, left but itll have a 50% chance of doing the second sequence.