TFL tinkering / trying to get it up.

A forum for solving problems that might be encountered during installation, updating, or in game.
Nihilist Comedy Hour

TFL tinkering / trying to get it up.

Post by Nihilist Comedy Hour »

Hey y'all.

So, finally got around to working on some TFL stuff. But, naturally, running into some issues.

I'm installing from The Total Codex discs.

Seem to got it all installed well; was informed Windows NT 4 Service Pack 3 needed. Don't have it. Runs though in compatibility mode with Windows XP Service Pack 3 and Windows 7.

I'm having an issue from the main game menu though. It's full scree, and this gets a little complicated with my two screens. No matter how I set the resolution, or any trick I can find to force a window mode isn't working. This is fine as I could probably fix through preferences. However, my mouse won't appear on screen and thus I can't select any options. If I hit Esc, the game does successfully exit, and the graphics show the exit option being selected before close. However, I can't seem to find anyway to get into the preferences menu to see if I can adjust the game correctly so that it'll actually work.

Any suggestions? I realize there has been no updated in like 13 years for this game. I haven't tried adding the last available update. I'm still running the 1.3 atm, as I didn't think those plugins might help. But like I said, if you got any ideas that might be able to get me going, let me know.

Thanks!
Nihilist Comedy Hour

Re: TFL tinkering / trying to get it up.

Nevermind... Running it Windows 98 / ME works for whatever reason. Now I just got to figure out why the sound won't work.
Nihilist Comedy Hour

Nvm, computer was just being dumb, but I downloaded OpenAL just in case. All seems to work now.
Pamphagus

Post by Pamphagus »

Hi there,

why are you trying to install TFL when you can get the same experience with Myth 2 and the TFL plugins? I am not sure if you will be able to play online either.