End Condition Glitch in Walls of Muirthemenensesames

A forum for solving problems that might be encountered during installation, updating, or in game.
Nihilist Comedy Hour

End Condition Glitch in Walls of Muirthemenensesames

Post by Nihilist Comedy Hour »

So, I did a normal speed, timid, speedrun of Myth II the other day.

But I kept encountering something that I never encountered running the game at 64X when using F2 to speedrun. It happened to me twice in a row, which really bummed me out, because I can't figure out what's causing it.

(Go to 1:23:23 mark.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWrzuyRuqZY&t=15s

Any idea what might be going on? I'd like to find out because that's like 10 minutes in my run I can shave off.
hmp

Re: End Condition Glitch in Walls of Muirthemenensesames

Post by hmp »

Victory is triggered when there are no more of certain enemies on the map, likely some of them are still around for some reason.
Nihilist Comedy Hour

I figured that was the case; my main assumption was the the Myrks, Shade and Fetch beyond the breaking point were basically the end condition. The first couple times it happened, I spent some time walking around the map for any remaining units.

At first I was thinking the running Ghols who flee once you break the wall (until they run off map) might have something to do with it; but it didn't appear to be the case since it's impossible to catch all 6 of them and kill them.

I guess I'll poke around in Loathing and see if I can figure it out. I'm wondering if one of the early Myrks in the waves is getting caught in one of the wall models and that's the cause of it.
hmp

Post by hmp »

I thought it was the ghols at first too, but they aren't linked to the end condition - its several different groups - the ending group, and several groups outside the walls.

One thing you could do is change the mesh in loathing to help find the issue, like invisible observers and unit indicators to the units that are required to all be gone. Then just replay a film of it with the modified mesh in your local. It might go OOS depending on what you change, but you should still probably be able to find the issue.
Nihilist Comedy Hour

That makes sense. It's interesting though, because I didn't really notice a different number of Myrks, so I'm wondering if it's likely one if can get easily stuck, especially since I'm rushing to the North pretty hard.

Worse comes to worse, that's what I'll have to do with Loathing to see if I can recreate and capture the issue. Thanks for the help.