Is it possible to make dedicated servers?

A forum for solving problems that might be encountered during installation, updating, or in game.
Soulafein

Is it possible to make dedicated servers?

Post by Soulafein »

Hi, I'm new here (and not english native, sorry about typos and stuff).

First of all... THANK YOU for keeping Myth still alive in 2017, I didn't believe that there are people who are still working on this amazing masterpiece.

My problem:
I cannot find info about setting up my own server; yes I can play with friends through GameOfStormsNet but we're having about 400ms...
Besides, let's say I want to play this game in 2037 and your server is down like MariusNet nowadays... How could I play with friends w/o connecting to a server (or setting up my own server like you did).

I hope you understand what I'm asking for. Thanks for your work and for your answers (if any) :P

EDIT: Nevermind, I think I found the source code in your own website (but any tips will be appreciated).
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Re: Is it possible to make dedicated servers?

Post by Pyro »

You could still play through IP address just like a LAN game. Go to Multiplayer Game and click on "Other". Click OK. You can create a host. Have those you wish to play with you join you. If you are on a LAN the game will appear int he list on the right for them. If you are not on a LAN, they can click on Join By Address. Then they have to put your IP address and join.

Not what you were looking for but this involves less work and really most of us don't know how to set up a metaserver for Myth.