Need urgent help with Windows 10 Myth 2 Installation!!!!!

A forum for solving problems that might be encountered during installation, updating, or in game.
Vrenusdeathstar45

Need urgent help with Windows 10 Myth 2 Installation!!!!!

Post by Vrenusdeathstar45 »

For some odd reason, I just can't install the game. Hopefully it's not incompatible with Windows 10, or else I just wasted 25$ on amazon (and hopefully the disk will be working as it should be). :/
Here's what I did:

>Put in CD and went to the new "MYTH2" drive in file explorer.
>Went into Setup and clicked Setup application.
>Chose large installation, default stuff, yeah yeah...
>Everything is fine so far, installs to 100%.

And then I get a warning.

"Service Pack 3 required on Windows NT to run Myth 2"
Those weren't the EXACT words, I might have missed a few little stuff but that is the general thing what it said to me.

Very strange. I have a windows 10, windows NT is the very first windows released and service pack 3 is only for Windows XP.

Strange! Can anyone help me? I'd be very grateful if you could help me!
Vrenusdeathstar45

Re: Need urgent help with Windows 10 Myth 2 Installation!!!!

C'mon you guys! Do you just don't care or do you don't know what's this 'problem'? I just saw some people pass by this forum and NOBODY decided to help me?

Please, you're my only hope of starting this game up if possible!!!
akula65

Post by akula65 »

First, this is a VERY small community, so a little patience is in order if you need help with something.

The question is, did the CD-ROM installer finish installing the contents of the Tags folder from your CD-ROM to the hard drive? If so, then you can just run the latest update (Version 1.8.1 available from the Tain) and point the update installer to wherever you did your initial installation. If not, then copy the Tags folder from the CD-ROM to a folder of your choice on your hard drive, download and execute the latest update and point it to the folder where you copied the tags. Melekor describes the process here:

http://tain.totalcodex.net/forum/viewto ... 625#p66794

If you want cutscenes, you will need to download them from the Tain:

http://tain.totalcodex.net/items/show/m ... -cutscenes
Vrenusdeathstar45

Greetings, and I thank you so much for the advice!!!
I apologize for my impatience, but I thought the community was dead. Amazingly enough it wasn't, and people are still playing multiplayer and this forum is active!

Thank you, my game is working! May you live for all of eternity!