The Seventh God - TSG Tagset v1.4 Issue

A forum for solving problems that might be encountered during installation, updating, or in game.
ShackletonEH

The Seventh God - TSG Tagset v1.4 Issue

Post by ShackletonEH »

I installed The Seventh God plugins "The Seventh Godblighter v1.0" and "TSG Level-Pack v1.4" and the "TSG Tagset v1.4". Unluckily the Tagset is not working with Myth II v1.8 Universal build 427 on Mac OS X 10.8.5. The tagset is in the plugins folder but Myth II is not loading it.

Can you please help me debug this?

Thanks,
Shiven

The Myth II log is below:
2016-03-19 06:55:22
Myth II |iUniversal|p Build 427 running under MacOS 1085 (Intel) ----------------------------------------------
Loading poweruser.txt... not found.
Error: Data Corrupted in /Myth/Myth2Code/tag_files/tag_files.c, line #3935: the monolithic file '/Applications/Games/Myth II/plugins/wAvA-IX-ForgottenHeroes-v1' has a bad header
DEBUG: Updating monolithic tag cache:
Initial count: 132
Number removed: 0
Number added: 0
New count: 132
INFO: ignoring non-required patch file 'CAGED and Interfaced v1.0'
INFO: ignoring non-required patch file 'Patch MariusNet'
DEBUG: Adding 19 monolithic tags:
small install
medium install
large install
international small install
international large install
Patch 1.2
Patch 1.3
Patch 1.4
Patch 1.5
GateofStormsNet
Patch 1.8 Interface
Expanded Interface
Patch Templates
Green Berets Detail Textures
IX ThornCastle Dtex 1
Magma - Detail Texture Megapack
PHHH Detail Textures
Gladiators Armageddon Textures
DR - TSG Texture Pack
Scanning for software devices...
Found 1 to use
Scanning for OpenGL devices...
Found 1 to use
NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M OpenGL Engine | NVIDIA Corporation | OpenGL 2.1
Warning: Unable to find cutscene 'prologue.smk'.
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Re: The Seventh God - TSG Tagset v1.4 Issue

Post by Pyro »

Tagests have to be selected and activated. Did you click on the Tagsets button and double click on the tagset?
ShackletonEH

Post by ShackletonEH »

I'm sorry I was not 100% clear. The Tagset is in the plugins folder but it does not show up on the tagset list so I can't select it.I have added a screenshot from my Finder Window of the Plugins Folder. You can see the Tagset file is not associated with Myth II. I have associated the file with Myth II from its file information window but the tagset still does not show up.

Is there somewhere I can download the tag set again which may work? I have tried the Tain and the Creation Web(cached) copies.

thanks for the quick response Pyro.
Attachments
FinderScreenSnapz001.jpg
FinderScreenSnapz001.jpg (253.65 KiB) Viewed 4593 times
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

Have you tried to load the TSG level pack in the campaign window to see if it will activate the tagset? This is odd. It should work. Maybe the download was cutoff and did not get the portion that is the tagset completely. You could redownload and replace the files you have in the plugins folder.
ShackletonEH

Post by ShackletonEH »

I tired to load the campaign and let it load the tagset automatically but that did not work either. Since I tried to download the tagset from two locations already do you have any download location you can send me a link to? I will download from there and see if Myth is able to recognise the tagset.

thanks for the help
juliocpaes

Post by juliocpaes »

ShackletonEH wrote:I'm sorry I was not 100% clear. The Tagset is in the plugins folder but it does not show up on the tagset list so I can't select it.I have added a screenshot from my Finder Window of the Plugins Folder. You can see the Tagset file is not associated with Myth II. I have associated the file with Myth II from its file information window but the tagset still does not show up.

Is there somewhere I can download the tag set again which may work? I have tried the Tain and the Creation Web(cached) copies.

thanks for the quick response Pyro.
Hi Shackleton,

your folder "plugins" has many diverse plugins. you do a test. just put the plugins related at game the seventh god / tag tagset ....
give us feedback :o
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

ShackletonEH wrote:I tired to load the campaign and let it load the tagset automatically but that did not work either.
When you say did not work, do you mean the campaign failed to load? I don't know another download source for that plugin. I will see if I still have it in this computer and check if it runs.
ShackletonEH

Post by ShackletonEH »

juliocpaes - I tried to remove all the plugins other than the TSG levels and tagsets but this did not work either. Thank you for the suggestion

Pyro - When I try to load the TSG levels the splash screen starts and the text scrolls but when the level tries to load I am taken back to the myth start screen to choose a new game. I guess this happens because the plugin does not find the tagset its looking for.

Thanks again for the response. I look forward to getting the link.

Regards,
Shiven
akula65

Post by akula65 »

For the file TSG1.4Tagset.zip (downloaded in November 2008):

29670917 bytes
SHA1: 8EECF36E71ECAFDDF4369E7016E9A96EF6D19D85
SHA256: 6BB4CFEFBF2805717C88ED53415C11BDD0C8C4E6468B551E68FBB6A13D2F68C3
ShackletonEH

Post by ShackletonEH »

Sorry I could not see the link in the last reply. Canyou please resend the link

thanks
akula65

Post by akula65 »

I didn't post one. Those are the file size and checksums for a copy I downloaded in 2008. It wasn't obvious whether you still had the .ZIP archive, but if you did, you could compare the checksums.

I also thought Pyro might compare the checksums with his copy to see if there might be more than one version floating around.
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

Sorry for the late reply. I've been busy. I couldn't find my copy of the TSG plugins so I just went to the Tain and downloaded it. I am able to load maps from it and therefore the tagset works. As for the checksums for the zip file, they do not match as the file from the Tain's redirect is "TheSeventhGod_v14.zip". Different file size and different checksums.

ShackletonEH, can you try redownloading and seeing if that helps? Delete your old ones just to be sure you did replace them. I'm on Windows, maybe this is a Mac related issue.
ShackletonEH

Post by ShackletonEH »

my apologies for the late reply too. Pyro I will redownload and try to upload the maps from the Tain.
ShackletonEH

Post by ShackletonEH »

Pyro,
I got the same result. I downloaded the plugin from the Tain but once I unzipped the files they did not work with Myth II on the mac. I will try and unzip the file a PC and take the unzipped files to the Mac. I will update once I have tried this.