Myth II Install on Mac

A forum for solving problems that might be encountered during installation, updating, or in game.
Haytch2

Myth II Install on Mac

Post by Haytch2 »

Hi, I just purchased the Myth 2 game and tried to install it via the 1.8.0 download. I was installing from the CD. I got about 75% of the way through when a message popped up saying "Install Failed. The software could not be installed. You may wish to retry the installation using different options." I then tried to install it manually but again got around 75% of the way through before it said the large install file could not be installed because the data could not be read. Is this a problem with the CD? As I've just paid £20 for it and I really want to play the game. Any advice would be great. Thanks in advance.
juliocpaes

Re: Myth II Install on Mac

Post by juliocpaes »

Haytch2 wrote:Hi, I just purchased the Myth 2 game and tried to install it via the 1.8.0 download. I was installing from the CD. I got about 75% of the way through when a message popped up saying "Install Failed. The software could not be installed. You may wish to retry the installation using different options." I then tried to install it manually but again got around 75% of the way through before it said the large install file could not be installed because the data could not be read. Is this a problem with the CD? As I've just paid £20 for it and I really want to play the game. Any advice would be great. Thanks in advance.
Hi Haytch,

you tried to install it via the 1.8.0 download" but WHAT 1.8 ? mac OSX ? or Mac classic ? http://tain.totalcodex.net/mythii/updates

the CD is in perfect condition, no scratches ? it sound like a problem with the CD :?
Haytch2

Post by Haytch2 »

Hi, I tried the Mac OS X? The CD seems to be in excellent condition, no marks or scratches, which makes this even more baffling.
akula65

Post by akula65 »

See this thread for info on how to check your CD-ROM's integrity:

http://tain.totalcodex.net/forum/viewto ... f=4&t=6618
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

It is possible the CD is scratched or has something in the area containing the file you can't read. Give it a good cleaning and try to manually move the "tags" folder from the CD to the computer.