how to play Recon single player?

A forum for solving problems that might be encountered during installation, updating, or in game.
sgt_carbonero

how to play Recon single player?

Post by sgt_carbonero »

Hey all, first post, hope you can help. I played myth soulblighter when it first came out and loved the WW2 plugin. I re installed soulblighter and downloaded the plugin. I can see the plugin but cant for the life of me remember how to activate and play single player levels using the recon mod.

I am on win 7 with i believe 1.6 myth II.

thanks.
juliocpaes

Re: how to play Recon single player?

Post by juliocpaes »

sgt_carbonero wrote:Hey all, first post, hope you can help. I played myth soulblighter when it first came out and loved the WW2 plugin. I re installed soulblighter and downloaded the plugin. I can see the plugin but cant for the life of me remember how to activate and play single player levels using the recon mod.

I am on win 7 with i believe 1.6 myth II.

thanks.
you clicked on the "tagsets" ? and see "active tagsets" ? Also You try hold shift + new game ...?

also you updates for Myth II 1.8 (Windows) ? http://tain.totalcodex.net/items/show/m ... -8-windows
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

As Julio pointed out, there is an update for Myth2 which you can find in the downloads page. To know for sure what version you are on, in the main menu on the top left corner, the version number will be displayed. The latest is currently 1.8.0.

As for how to activate the plugin. If it has single player maps, click New Game and find the plugin you wish to load. Then you select the map and start. However, I think Recon is a multiplayer plugin. Which means you have to play against someone.

For that you click Multiplayer Game. You either log on to the Gate of Storms metaserver and find others to play with there or you can start a TCP/IP game so no one knows where to find you but you and whoever has your IP address. Instead of logging on Gate of Storms, you click "Other" and either host the game or join someone else who is hosting. The people joining would need to know the IP address to attempt to join.
sgt_carbonero

Post by sgt_carbonero »

thanks everyone for your replies. I remember a long, long, long time ago I was able to play the ww2 version (i could swear it was recon) on single player mode. I havent had any luck as it seems to reset to the myth versiion when i start the game. I have upgraded to 1.8.

If it helps i vaguely remember a single player map called red river. does that ring any bells?
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

I did a search for Red River and found this at the Tain. However, it looks to be multiplayer only. Maybe you are thinking of the WWII unit tagset that you can use on single player maps.
akula65

Post by akula65 »

Sifting through a spreadsheet I made back in 2004, the only WWII-themed solo items I see are as follows:

World War II: TItans by Craig Goodman aka Santa's Head (This was on Myth II: Worlds)
WW2 The Camp - POW Rescue (Solo Mission) by Eddie Crabbe aka ozone and Thomas Ling aka GHOST (This was on Myth II: Worlds)
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

akula65 wrote:Sifting through a spreadsheet I made back in 2004, the only WWII-themed solo items I see are as follows:

World War II: TItans by Craig Goodman aka Santa's Head (This was on Myth II: Worlds)
WW2 The Camp - POW Rescue (Solo Mission) by Eddie Crabbe aka ozone and Thomas Ling aka GHOST (This was on Myth II: Worlds)
I am not that that knowledgeable about WWII maps, but I think these WWII maps also have at least one solo level. (may or may not have WWII in the title, the names below are how I filed them so I could keep track of them) Also I am sure this isn't a comprehensive list.

WWII : A Myth 2 Total Conversion
WWII : 1944 Normandy
WWII : A Soldier's Peeve: Disturbance at Ruff's Peak
WWII : Area 51 Sector 7
WWII : Forgotten Heroes
WWII : Mythical Solos
WWII : SAS: TUNNELRATS
WWII : Weathertop
ozone

Post by ozone »

Here are a few ww2 plug ins that have solos: