Trouble with Fallen Levels ver. 2

A forum for solving problems that might be encountered during installation, updating, or in game.
DeadonArrival09

Trouble with Fallen Levels ver. 2

Post by DeadonArrival09 »

I downloaded the version of the patch that uses the artsound file to build the actual plugin. When I run the program, it boots up a DOS screen and then opens the File Explorer to find the artsound file. I direct it to the Myth TFL folder and select the file. Once I do, the program crashes. Is there anyway to make this work without this method. I have tried downloading the full plugin but the download failed right at the end of the download process. Can anyone help me out. Thanks.

OS-Windows 8.1
DeadonArrival09

Re: Trouble with Fallen Levels ver. 2

Nevermind. I got the download for the full plugin to work. But I never did get the other program that creates the plugin to work.
juliocpaes

Post by juliocpaes »

DeadonArrival09 wrote:I downloaded the version of the patch that uses the artsound file to build the actual plugin. When I run the program, it boots up a DOS screen and then opens the File Explorer to find the artsound file. I direct it to the Myth TFL folder and select the file. Once I do, the program crashes. Is there anyway to make this work without this method. I have tried downloading the full plugin but the download failed right at the end of the download process. Can anyone help me out. Thanks.

OS-Windows 8.1
DeadonArrival,

if I understand your question correctly. you downloaded patch "The Fallen Levels v2" ? If yes, you to know this patch on work only MYTH 2 and ON NOT MYTH TFL. :|
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

He meant a type of patch that would allow him to convert a TFL game file into the Myth2 plugin without having to download 100+ MB. It is possible that patching program no longer works with the newer operating systems. It has been a long time since I even tried that program so I can't say for sure and it is probably not worth it at this point. It was used more often back in the day when less people had DSL and cable.
akula65

Post by akula65 »

The patch in question is FallenLevelsV2_Win32_Artsound.zip .

I can successfully run the patch in Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 32-bit without making any sort of administrator or compatibility changes. The Compatibility Tab is present for the .exe file.

I can successfully run the patch in Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit without making any sort of administrator or compatibility changes. The Compatibility Tab is present for the .exe file.

If I try to run the patch under Windows 8.1 Professional, I get the same result as DeadonArrival09. After I select the artsound.gor file in the dialog window, the dialog window for the location of the patched file appears, but then the app crash pop-up immediately appears. If the artsound.gor file is in a different directory as the patch .exe, the app crash message is for shell32.dll. If the artsound.gor file is in the same directory as the patch .exe, then the app crash message is for the patch .exe. There is no Compatibility tab for the patch .exe.

I tried using the compatibility troubleshooting option for the .exe file, but I'm never allowed to select any version of Windows older than Windows XP SP3. Even after trying several options, I still don't have any Compatibility tab for the patch .exe .

I don't have a WIndows 8.0 machine to test.

I did a cursory search (Windows 8.1 no compatibility tab), and there are instances where this missing Compatibility tab issue occurs. A variety of techniques are used to fix the problem, but odds are a registry fix will have to be applied to force the Compatibility tab to appear, but even then the patch .exe may or may not run.

In any event, this seems to be a Windows 8.x issue (and perhaps a Windows 10 issue as well).
DeadonArrival09

Yeah, luckily I was able to download the full plugin. I just want anyone having trouble to know that Windows 8.1 (or 8.0) is not compatible with the artsound.gor plugin creator.