Green Berets Myth II CD just out of storage

A forum for solving problems that might be encountered during installation, updating, or in game.
snotnose

Green Berets Myth II CD just out of storage

Post by snotnose »

Firstly, I feel I should thank everyone for creating and contributing to any forum... I have learned a lot just by "surfing" everytime I have an issue with anything...
Nextly, (yep, I just created a new word possibly)... I've had the Myth II/ Green Berets CD's since about 2006. Since then I've been through a few computers, and haven't played either game since... Honestly, the only thing I remember is: it was a pain to figure it out, if I even DID (figure it out) back then...
So just last night, I attempted to play Green Berets. This is where i'm at right now: Installed (successfully?) Myth II, played the tutorial, a little game time, seems to work just fine. The Green Beret CD is not letting me install (if that's what it needs)/ play it, or copy anything from it. :facepalm: I don't see any scratches [they been in a case (logic) since last use]...Also, I've been jumping around "thetain" since last night (hardly slept :shock: so I tried a few things); installed/ re-installed/ erased a few times... drag and drop different folders, nothing...; downloaded, [read and "setup", installed (according to)] both Myth II and GB Original manuals... Still can't get Green Berets to run... (based on my limited experience with computers/ programming) I'd like to exhaust every option to install/ "run" the original Version(s) of these "heaven sent" games (this I DO remember)/ discs before I download all the updates, again: (based on my limited experience with computers/ programming), I find that the more stuff I put on my Electronic devices, the slower/ more problems there are for me... PLUS; maybe I could "get the most use" if I master/ have fun with the OG version(s) before I "upgrade"... Also, I just got a "new" HP all in one 19 with WIN 8.1 "x64" last month... Any input/ advice/ comments are greatly appreciated.
Jon God

Re: Green Berets Myth II CD just out of storage

Post by Jon God »

This was one of the plugins that had no real work around for years, but it's been recently updated.

You can download the newest version here:
http://tain.totalcodex.net/items/show/green-berets-pack

It also has links for other parts of the conversion (Cutscenes, interface, etc.)

You need to update Myth before using that though, so download the latest update here:

http://tain.totalcodex.net/mythii/updates

Good luck, have fun! :)
PSN: Jon_God
XBL: J0N GOD
snotnose

Post by snotnose »

Thank you "big" Jon, much obliged
snotnose

Post by snotnose »

So, would it make sense: because "technology is growing so quickly"; that would be the issue in this case [new OS vs. old (what's the word?... ... language)]? Again, I have very limited knowledge in a lot of subjects, much less in computer programming, etc... If that's even the "same sheet of music".. :oops:
Jon God

Post by Jon God »

snotnose wrote:So, would it make sense: because "technology is growing so quickly"; that would be the issue in this case [new OS vs. old (what's the word?... ... language)]? Again, I have very limited knowledge in a lot of subjects, much less in computer programming, etc... If that's even the "same sheet of music".. :oops:
Yeah, a lot of the larger plugins from back in the day had to be updated, Chimera, The Seventh God, JINN, and so on. With Green Berets, updated any plugin you played back then should be playable today.
PSN: Jon_God
XBL: J0N GOD
snotnose

Post by snotnose »

Thank you Jon, "doing great things for your country" / world/ "we treasure things, and hold on to the things we value.. the longer we can keep 'em, the more value beheld.." -unknown /"power to the people"... alright, I better try this "fix" before I get too excited, lol :)