No toolbar and map in fullscreen mode

A forum for solving problems that might be encountered during installation, updating, or in game.
Gamer

No toolbar and map in fullscreen mode

Post by Gamer »

Hello!

I want to play Myth II 1.8 in fullscreen mode. The problem is that in fullscreen mode theres no toolbar on bottom of the screen (the toolbar on top is there). Also theres no map. Also with the mouse I can just move forward and left. If I switch to windowed mode everything is there. My laptop has a 1920x1080 screen, but that shouldnt be the problem because Myth II can be played at this resolution. You know what to do?

Gamer
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Re: No toolbar and map in fullscreen mode

Post by Pyro »

Are you on a Mac or Windows? Sounds like part of the screen is cutoff. You might have the wrong resolution selected or need to update your graphics drivers. If on Windows, there are 3 options: Fullscreen, Automatic, and Windowed. Windowed is recommended and if you select the same resolution in Myth prefs as your desktop then it will be just like fullscreen.

The top bar is the status bar. The bottom bar is the control bar.
Gamer

Post by Gamer »

Im on Windows 8, a Laptop with a 1920x1080 screen. If I take windowed mode with 1920x1080 I can see the bars and the map. Thx! Now its just cut off a little bit down and on the right side of the screen. Still the mouse movement doesnt work on this sides. Drivers are up to date. Is there something else I can try?
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

Sounds like you might have more than one monitor hooked up. For Windows users, Alt-Enter toggles fullscreen/windowed modes. Could give it a shot and see if it helps. If not, then try Ctrl-G which grabs the cursor within the game's window.
Gamer

Post by Gamer »

No that doesnt solve the problem... But its ok, I can live with that. The map is there and the Buttons I dont need...Thx!
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

But did you try Ctrl-G? If that does not work, then the problem is not as you described it. Check your preferences. What res do you have selected and in controls what do you have for Horiz Mouse Mvmt? Do you have Enable Mouse Movement enabled in controls?
Gamer

Post by Gamer »

I tried CTRL G. It makes that the cursor stays in the Myth-Window (in windowed mode). But the screen stays cutoff. In my prefrences Ive got move (pan) for horizontal mousemovement. Its so cool to play Myth with 16:9 screen!

Do you know (by the way) how to attack only a certain type of enemy? For example thrall walking towards me and behind are soulless. Now I want to attack ONLY the soulless?

Thx!
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

The only ways your Myth screen gets cutoff is if your resolution for Myth does not match your computer's resolution or if your drivers are doing something wrong. Have you checked your laptop's resolutions? Maybe you changed it last time you checked to see what it was? Maybe your laptop has the option to use 16:9 and 16:10 resolutions, but you are using one that does not match the monitor. Like your screen using 1920x1080 but you have 1920x1200 selected in Myth for some reason.

An unlikely problem is that somehow your laptop's monitor has part of its screen cutoff so when you have a program go fullscreen, it too gets cutoff. If you maximize a window for a folder you have, does any of it get cutoff? If not, then we can rule out that.

Maybe try switching between DirectX and OpenGL as rendering options in Myth prefs. Perhaps your laptop will run better on one over the other with this issue.

As for attacking units...

With your units selected, clicking makes your units attack all enemies near the unit you clicked on. Shift-clicking makes your units attack only the unit type you clicked on. Shift-double-clicking makes them target only the one unit you clicked on. If you have "TFL Mouse Actions" enabled in Controls, then it will do the opposite. Shift clicking will be like clicking and clicking will be like Shift clicking.
punkUser
Site Admin

Post by punkUser »

I haven't read in detail but it's possible DPI scaling is involved - I'm not sure Myth handles that fully properly in 1.8. Can you try changing your Windows "make text larger or smaller", etc. thing to 100% temporary and try launching Myth again at that resolution? Alternatively you can modify the Properties of the Myth shortcut to "disable DPI scaling" on the Compatibility tab.
Gamer

Post by Gamer »

punkUser you re a pro!

The DPI-Thing solved my problem. The screen is now not cut off and the mouse movement works just fine. Thx!
Melekor
Site Admin

Post by Melekor »

We now have some fixes for these DPI issues in 1.8.1. Coming soon(tm).