TFL maps not showing up, but I want to play them sooooo bad!

A forum for solving problems that might be encountered during installation, updating, or in game.
thundercake

TFL maps not showing up, but I want to play them sooooo bad!

Post by thundercake »

Hey all and anyone,

I grew up with this game and loved it back in the day. I recently got another copy of it off of Ebay.

The issue is that I can not get the TFL single player maps to show up under New Game from the main screen.

I did the following:

Small Install
Downloaded and installed the 1.08 patch correctly (this is shown in the top right as the version when I load the game).
I then downloaded, unzipped, and put the Detail Texture Megapack file in the plugins folder.

I thought this is what I needed to do to play the TFL levels. Did I miss something? Can anyone offer some guidance here?
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Re: TFL maps not showing up, but I want to play them sooooo

Post by Pyro »

Don't do a small install. Do a large install. The small install only puts some of the game data on your computer and the rest needs the CD to load. This was only useful in the old days when users had less hard drive capacity.

The current update is 1.8.0, not 1.08. That number is shown at the top left of the main menu, not the right. The Detail Texture Megapack adds extra detail on the maps as long as you have "Landscape Textures" turned on in preferences.

To play the TFL levels in Myth2, you need The Fallen Levels. Download that, extract the plugin, and place it in your "plugins" folder. Make sure you select this file in the "campaign" or "mapset" list shown when picking what map to load. Make sure to enable "TFL Gameplay" if you want the game to act like Myth TFL while playing those TFL levels.

If you want the interface to look more like Myth TFL's interface also download TFL Interface. Extract it and place it in your plugins folder. Then load Myth2 and go to preferences. Click on Interfaces and select that one.

Also, you can get on the Gate of Storms server to play with others.
thundercake

Re: TFL maps not showing up, but I want to play them sooooo

Post by thundercake »

Thanks, I'm a goober!